Hi guys just new to the VR6 scene after spending many a year with 16 valvers, looking to purchace a ralley which has a 2.9 vr conversion running a vortech super charger.

one problem went to see the car and it dnt wana drive propely....with foot flat down it dnt move at all trugling to go over 40 mile an hour my valver felt 10 times quicker any ideas what it could be ...HELP!!!!....

well i went to see the car and he has bill and proof af all work (its the ralley that was done by allen fishburn) thing is iv got a mint j reg 16 valver with every service doc since day one which i am part ex wiv cash on top but for what hes askin on top im thinkin twice....he was miffed by why it was runnin as it was as he said when he parked it up it was running fine any one got a few things i could check im not scared of getting my hands dirty but just dnt wans pay over the odd .........

nah it sounded like it was missing al the way through even at high revs it just dnt wana move, checked all the bosst pipes they were sound the car in ?n is the ralley converted by allen fishburn...so i know its had a well looked afta history......

Well I know that my VR6 didnt run to well (missing popping) when it was parked up (not ran) for 2 weeks, you mentioned that it had stationary for around six months in the email you sent me. It may just want a decent service/new plugs, or just simply ran for a bit... mine cleared up afer a few hours of ticking over...

Pete

Tell him to get a diagnostic check and once that comes back if it just filters, plugs etc get some money off. My old corrado had Sat still for 2yrs and wouldnt run properly on the way home. I replaced the oil, oil filter (you should have seen the crap in the filter) and plugs ran it for a couple of weeks then changed the oil and oil filter and it ran fine after that.

do like pete said, but i seriously would hook it up to diagnostics before buying it. period, without actually doing this, you're just poking around in thin air, it could be just about anything for a crap fuel filter to a shitted throttle body!

hmmmm thaks guys looks like if i do get my hands on this car i might revert it to a 20v turbo might even think about dual charging the thing while im at it........gona go see it again on sun taking a mass flow meter wiv me and a few other things to see if i can trouble shoot....oh by the way its on a dizzy dose the coil pack still apply (im pretty sure its one or the other)

sound this car is a allen fishburn prepped ride...not sure if its cot the diagnostic port...although it seems to be running corrado clocks (corrado dash n corrado 2.9 six pack)......damn cars ok when runin righth bastards wen not

hi guys me again...... !lol

Is it possible to by pass (get rid) of the MAF remeber seeing a 2.9 vento (us) in PVW a lil while back it looked like the same charger but with customsteel piping straight to the TB....is this possible or did i just fail to see the TB? !dodge

Is it possible to by pass (get rid) of the MAF remeber seeing a 2.9 vento (us) in PVW a lil while back it looked like the same charger but with customsteel piping straight to the TB....is this possible or did i just fail to see the TB? !dodge

Sometimes the maf is positioned before the charger rather than after

The maf should be located before the supercharger. Putting the maf upstream of the charger is wrong imo.

you cant get rid of the MAF, it will cause poor drivability and the car will not idle properly. Putting the maf upstream will confuse the ECU (after charger)...thats what the vf guys told me because i didnt want to elongate the maf wiring.

The maf should be located before the supercharger. Putting the maf upstream of the charger is wrong imo.

i thought before the charger was upstream???

hehe i mean 'before the charger' :).

I think if you imagine the airflow as a stream, the origin of the air is the atmosphere (like the top of a mountain for a stream of water), as it flows towards the engine it passes for example the MAF (a dam in our water example), then through the charger, those two items are then upstream, (once water's gone through the dam, the dam is upstream of the river).

that is my understanding.

well the MAF is positioned mid way before TB and After SC.so hang on you guys sugestin that theMAF should be befor the charger !dodge

AHHH gud news tho it has got a diagnostic port....the instalation was a puka jod by stealth.....ps on start up this time the car was pushin out sum serious bluy black----greyish smoke till it warmed up then it was ok.....

The maf can be postioned on either side of the charger but before the charger is best (linear airflow, better readings and fueling, better driveability etc.)

The smoke on start up is the car just running a bit rich (mine does the same) caused by the warm up cycle and nothing to worry about.