Got my Decat Exhaust system today - VERY PLEASED!

Well peeps, after owning my golf for just a month my modding bill so far has just tipped over a grand with the addition of my Pro-Speed decat system. It's a 2.5" bore with decat pipe and a 6x4 oval tailpipe.

The guys at Pro-Speed were excellent, my car took longer than expected so the boss (charlie) let me borrow his Prelude v-tec for a few hours to kill some time, now thats what i call customer service.

Performance has improved big time and i find that it picks up much faster and my mpg has improved too......bonus :-)

The noise from the exhaust is awesome yet motorway driving is fine with no loud drone'n noise to be heard. The workmanship on the exhaust is amazing, and all for the bargain price of

I have just come to my VR from a 2.2 Prelude VTEC with cat-back system, induction kit, uprated brakes, etc.

197bhp

It's a totally different drive - the Prelude is manic top end, from 5,200rpm until 7,600rpm the VTEC roar is fantastic and the car is very accomplished (especially 4-wheel steering coupled with strut braces, and coilovers like mine had).

But now I like the torque of the VR, it's a much more relaxed drive.

Better in some ways, nots as good as my Prelude in others.

nice one paul' date=' coming along nicely now! pipe looks phat!!

[/quote']

Thanx mate, everything about this car is gonna be phat, just wait till you see the new wheels that will be going on soon, then we'll be talking phat

simple mate, the cat goes back on for mot, my decat pipe unbolts and i then just bolt my cat back on for the mot. at the end of the day, it only comes round once a year so i'm more than happy to do that each year in order to get more performance out of my car.

Paul' date='

do you find throttle response better with the decat?

Have you had the car on rollers before fitting all this so you can do a back to back comparison? (assuming you are bothered!)

[/quote']

I found that the trottle response was a lot smoother and also a little more torque.

haven't had the car rr which is a little bit of a bummer as it would've been nice to see how much i'd gained through the decat system