The 'vsr' - actually Schrick VGI, unless you are very lucky - manifold, doesn't make a huge difference to the figures, but it really changes the characteristics of the engine, producing great lumps of torque much sooner in the rev range. To me, it makes the car (mine has VGI, remap, ram air filter and remus exhaust).

i test drove alot of different state of tune vr`s when i was lookin, from high to low mile standard ones midly tuned ones but none with manifold or internal mods. when i went to pick the 1 i bought up and got the first test drive in it it was incredible, such a difference over all the others!! it felt like a totally different car!! i would go for it and if ur not happpy u can sel the cams, schrick etc to pay for the charger!! ;)

hmm, thanks guys, now i'm really stuck!! I don't know what i'm gonna do. Its not my everyday runner so i on't mind it playing up but i've heard the stories about the reliability of the supercharger. Athough i know it makes a huge bhp difference. But torque appeals to me a lot more. Maybe i'll stay n/a for a bit, then whack a supercharger on in a couple of years. I'm never going to sell it so it doesn't matter to me what money i'd lose on it. Thanks for the advice.

i on't mind it playing up but i've heard the stories about the reliability of the supercharger

what stories?

You'll get more torque with the charger than the VSR its just higher up the rev range... you could always get the charger and the schrick manifold and have the best of both worlds