What's needed to make is a wolf in sheep's clothing

HI all,In my thread saying hi to you all velocity boy said

"sod cosmetics. spend the money under the bonnet. a sleeper sharan, that would be really cool. get sumut like a stage 4 supercharger in there. few other bits and b4 u kno it uv got 400bhp. 170mph and u can bring the wife and kids"

Just as a thought what would I need to do and how much would it cost,it will do 130ish so don't realy want much more speed maybe 150 !amazed but I would love to get 0-60 lower.Money is an issue the wife makes sure of that !sad .

whoops forgot to mention also it's an auto (new box a year ago) just in case that makes a difference.

lol, its an MPV, but the only way to go is to supercharge it, not sure if it'll munch your auto up though.

300bhp is probably the best you can expect to put down reliably.

afterall you dont want your charger blowing and strand the missus with the kids in the rain far from a bus stop!

At the end of the day it's an MPV not a Sports car but I must admit it is fun to drive,having said that I do not know if any work has been done on the engine,I know it has had a new gearbox so maybe it is worth looking at the engine number as it is posible a car engine may have been put in.

On the way home on the M1 I took it upto 120mph and there was still lots left in the old bus. :)

The engine in the Sharan VR6 95-00 is the same 2792cc 174BHP 12V unit as the Golf Mk3. All are OBD2.

2000 onwards Sharan V6s have the 204BHP 24v unit, same as the Golf Mk4 4Motion.

For the early type 12v engine, I reckon a Shrick manifold, 268 cams and a remap would be a good bet. The extra torque will go a long way to counteracting the weight of the body and there's no reliability worries.

• 4 weeks later...