can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong fitting drivers door window regulator. It just seems to be eating regulators!.Does the regulator have to be in a certain posistion? and what sequance must the motor be in? I just keep getting really shit gratting noises. The motor is only two months old so carnt be that?

I have fitted a drivers side window regulator twice and it's a fookin nightmare!!!

I bought my VR with the offside window not working and the guy said oh you just need a new motor (little did I know!!!) after 2 new regulators and a motor later my window has been working for the last 12 months!! God i'm a good mechanic!!!! NOT!!

(PM me for any advice mate, i've even fitted one accidently with the motor in backwards so up is down and down is up!! Bloody nightmare!!)

I had to fit a new regulaor in my old rs1800 fiesta......went in very easy indeed.

Never had the door panels off the vr yet so don't really know what it looks like in the door cavities.....seems like its not as easy as a festa though.

Sorry I can't be much more help :(

Something may be interfering with the path of the mechanism. Could be a part of the door wiring loom coming away, aftermarket speakers making contact with the glass or mechanism, a substituted bolt/screw that is too long etc.

If I remember rightly, there's also a D-shaped plastic clip on one of the operating cables which has to engage in a hole in the inner door skin.