268 cams - are they worth it? (NOW WITH GROUP BUY)

From my discussions with stealth and VAG tuner.com they all rate 268's! the higher rated cams can cause idleing problems for road cars.

But think what other mods you are going to do later on, for instance if you are thinking about a charger, then these arent the best cams to go for without spending loads more wonga on mapping etc! Its all very new to me, but there are quite a few people that can advise you and perhaps correct anything i have said that is wrong?!?? P.S. hows the ice install going??

I'm new to cam stuff, but the guy in the US makes three different sets for the VR, 260 264 and 268.

I'm planning on a few engine mods, big bore ported throttle body, remap, maybe gearbox mods, maybe ported head and big inlet valve mods, and six branch exhaust manifold are a few to be getting on with %-6 . SC is out of my budget at the mo. So just doing some research into the best possible combination of mods. From what I've seen these cams are cheap, so thinking for the cost they maybe a very worthwhile intestment. ;)

Has anyone else got any comments to add? :(

James S> As soon as I get a couple more interested on this thread I'll set up a new thread in 'Group Buys'.

P.S. J5KE x The ice install at e38 went well :P , got some bass running down my spine now ;) .Gonna upgrade the standard door 6.5" for some 400w (120w rms). Should sound sweet :D

ive just had schrick 268 cams fitted to my vr6 with a stage 2 s/c and the extra benefits are amazing. U can really tell after 3000rpm as the pick up is awesome. There is no problem at idling either as schrick are the best at idling' date=' you'll get idling problems with kent or piper cams.

[/quote']

Aren't 268 cams totally the wrong ones for a supercharged engine? !dodge

J5KE x wrote

"From my discussions with stealth and VAG tuner.com they all rate 268's! the higher rated cams can cause idleing problems for road cars.

But think what other mods you are going to do later on, for instance if you are thinking about a charger, then these arent the best cams to go for without spending loads more wonga on mapping etc!"

Mine was mapped by Storm developments Reading.

Check http://www.stormdevelopments.co.uk

Will be sorting out some benefits/discounts off these guys for the club soon.

Im half way thru the mapping process as my chip is gradually changing to get the engine used to the forced induction. Im on the second run in chip at the mo, after another 3k miles i'll get the 3rd proper chip and then will be able to properly let loose. Woo Hoo!