difference between isam and genuine bumpers on eurocarparts?

Yes, always go for genuine body panels. Copy ones never fit right.

The thing is, the copy manufacturers COULD make them fit perfectly, but VW don't allow them to (Patent laws & stuff). The only reason is that VW are protecting their own interests - think about all the money they make from insurance repairs etc...

Deffo cheap is sometimes cheerful. But if you know what you're looking at, the molding is good, it's strong and fits well, why pay over well over 100 notes plus paint for one bumper, when you can get a new front and rear bumper prep'd (very well I might add) for 75 quid?

Now I can tell you for a fact that the next person that buys my car will never in a million years tell they aren't genuine and in any kind of heavy accident, it's not gonna be the strength of the bumpers that keep me alive, it's going to be the strong German structure of the car!

Plus if any of my body work gets the slightest knock or scratch it gets replaced or painted anyway and its bound to happen to any of us.

i am not knocking saving a few quid but in the past all the "bargain" parts bite you on the ass! and i find you end up doing the job twice! thats why BBS alloys are expensive and TSW ones arent! down to personal choice at the end of the day as i said, but i personally wouldnt de value my car with non genuine stuff regardless of who paints it, its just my personal choice. i just think that genuine parts are of higher quality and at the end of the day if i bought a vw i would want it to be all vw not pattern parts, quality is what the vw brand is about not cheap alternatives right?

i am not knocking saving a few quid but in the past all the "bargain" parts bite you on the ass! and i find you end up doing the job twice! thats why BBS alloys are expensive and TSW ones arent! down to personal choice at the end of the day as i said' date=' but i personally wouldnt de value my car with non genuine stuff regardless of who paints it, its just my personal choice. i just think that genuine parts are of higher quality and at the end of the day if i bought a vw i would want it to be all vw not pattern parts, quality is what the vw brand is about not cheap alternatives right?

[/quote']

I totally know what you're saying fella but I think at end of the day if you're modding a 7 year old car, you need to draw the line somewhere, if you keep spending and spending, you're only gonna end up more out of pocket then you're gonna be anyway. Leather Recaros, RH's, Decent suspension etc, etc, how bigs you're wallet? I've managed to get the VR just perfect for me buy spending sensibily and not being more out of pocket than I will be in the end anyway.

completely agree, cost of my servicing & mods has been about 2k but then i got my highline for 3k to start so it was a bargain anyway! you never get all your dough back on mods you do on any car, i just prefer to stick to parts you know will fit/work thats why i stick to genuine brakes and stuff, unless you got a fire breathing 300 bhp monster like some guys on here you dont need porsche or brembo brakes as nice as they look and work! all comes down to size of wallet and fortunately i still have many friends in the paint and vw parts trade so i guess i am lucky in that respect, the guy i got my vr6 from paid

Lucky boy! Got my 60k service next weekand it's going to a main dealer, certianly won't be scrimping on that. Business friend is a partner of a Skoda franchise. I can assure you, the decision on the bumpers was not taken lightly as I spent 800 notes on bits of paint finnishing off the car at the same time. No corners cut on this VR I can assure you! hehe