Hi, just wondering what kinda power can be had out of a Turbo Diesel engine, probably not much right?

Take a Vento 1.9 TDi (110bhp) for example.. Jetex response do a TD power kit which gives around a 22-27hp increase.. Power chips do a chip which gives 30.. plus i'm guessing you can swap the Turbo for a bigger one or something for more power... right?

Anyway, how far can TDi's be pushed? anyone in the know?

diesels are made from solid iron blocks right? so im guessing they are pretty god damn strong and can take high boost pressures, so im reckoning they could make a sweet amount of power on stock compression ratio's. but dont rely on me, i have no clue about diesels.

The TDI's run 18:1 compression, most of the MK3's are only the 90bhp version, finding a 110bhp one is pretty hard.

As for tuning, they arent like the pd MK4 motors, the most I saw out of mine was 146 bhp and a shIt load of torque with bigger injectors and an ecu rechip

• 4 months later...

i know diesels are fast my brother owns a diesel tuning company with another chap,

there a very good company i,m not aloud to advertise on this site i,ll get my ars wipped by vr6pete lol.

is v6cdti vectra is now around.230bhp and 350lbs torque it is very fast is wife as just got a 1.9cdti astra sport 150bhp with irmcher vxr kit i drove it at the weekend he was trying different boxes on the car wich he was mapping 200bhp 350 torque i gob smacked was the same bit of test trck i take s/c vr and do 120mph that did the same diesel revolution on it,s way my brother is doing very well and is eqipment is spot on. ;)