Anyone had problems with their 6 branch manifold?

Ive just had one fitted and am getting mixed views off people. Some people are saying they are a waste of time and overheat, and others say they are well worth it and shouldnt get any problems in performance or breaking.

If anyone has any comments please let me know as the engine bay is hotter than before. Hopefully this is normal and nothing to worry about.

Cheers

I'v had mine fitted about 6 months now witn no problems.Notice an increase in engine bay temp and am going to make a healt sheid to go under the t/b.If you use thermo wrap them damp it down with water to stop you itching. Uprated engine mounts are a good idea as well to stop the manifold cracking.

I've just bought one of the Raceland 6-branch manifolds off eBay.

The build quality looks fine, but (from asking around on VWVortex and other sites) it seems there are a few things to be aware of when fitting any 6-branch manifold to a VR:

1) Uprated engine mounts are ESSENTIAL. Most breakages have ocurred as a result of excessive engine movement on tired old stock mounts, not the build quality of the manifolds themselves.

2) The manifold should be covered in heat wrap to avoid radiated heat transferring to the inlet tract above. The stock manifold uses a metal heat shield to stop this from happenning, but the Raceland manifold doesn't have one of these. Of course, if you want to be flash and fabricate your own metal heatshield to go above the manifold, so much the better!

3) To get a decent power increase from a 6-branch manifold, you need to ditch the cat. Fit a cat replacement pipe (Ultimatetune do these for about

have you noticed any performance increase and more importantly does it sound any better??

Got a noticed increase in power,made 199.9bhp and 186lb/ft of torque with just this and an induction kit. Engine noise is slightly differnt now but not really noticable.Sounds awsome now iv fitted an inlarged t/b though, get a whisling sound from the air filter. Mine is the raceland manifold btw.

iv got the raceland 6-2-1 manifold and to me it seems to have alot of rough edges right at the top anyone think this worth porting before i fit it??

also my front engine mount is away and was planning on fitting just fitting a standard one again as it costs