Fuel Economy

Not quite the standard 'What does everyone else out there get' but more an expression of disbelief. I've finally managed to get all 6 cylinders running on my vr6 and driving back today through town I averaged 31 mpg (3.5 mile trip from cold)! Sure beats the 17mpg I was getting before the weekend!

Who says that vr6s are thirsty? Not sure I would have got quite such good fuel economy if I wasn't following a micra for most of the way thought :-)

Wonder how low the fuel economy goes now on the country roads round this way ;-)

Si (V)W

I can get 29-35mpg if I keep her under 60...normally on the way to work when I have to wait a while for it to warm up to 90 degree operating temp. If I accelerate or do 90 it comes right down though!! I save the fun drives for the weekend but I also use up lots of petrol. During the week I just let the nutters speed by me. I've driven slower in my VR then I ever have in my previous far slower cars. I feel in the VR you don't quite have to "prove" you have a fast car...as you do in say a more 'common' slower car.