First go in a VR6 today!

I went to see a highline today, not been in a VR6 before.

It was tatty, unloved and covered in silicon cockpit shine... also 136,000 miles instead of the 123,000 stated ~:(

Anyhow, I went in it and I have to say, I wasn't expecting it to be as fast having a 0-60 time of 7.?

I'd previously chosen then ruled out a Mivec FTO as on paper it seems fast enough but lacked grunt when driving.

The VR6 left me totally convinced that nothing else will do!

Just not that one... !lol

I'm just looking for the right car now.

A non-schrick VR just feels gutless when you are used to a Schrick doesn't it!

Oh see' date=' now you're just going to set me off wanting one of those!

Expensive carbon intake right?

[/quote']

No that'll be the BMC CDA, the Schrick is just a little more expensive......lol

How come chargers are "affordable" these days, not that many years ago even thinking of fitting a charger or a turbo to N/A engine would have been a 6 month and never quite right ongoing project.

What's changed that you can now just bolt these things on and go?

It used to involve machining of either heads or pistons, replacing the electronics, carbs/injectors etc.

schrick = variable intake manifold, switches over at a certain rpm to different inlect tract runner, cost s/h <1000.

charger = good, reinforces stock feel, only applicable over 3000 RPM, sounds good, cost new 2000+, s/h as cheap as 1000.

Good question Buzzark. I suspect the latest chargers don't run such high boost levels and the software is that much better, that's just my guess. But you're right, a few years back the mention of a TB or SC meant extensive head work, new pistons and a reduction in compression. Perhaps further trial and error or R&D showed that modern or certain engines were better able to cope as standard. Anyone else?