Got the Car On the rollers a few weeks back, made 190bhp and 176/ft

Got a Decat Pipe and a Pipercross Induction Kit.

Was looking at turbocharging it or supercharging it, am looking for around 300bhp

The car didnt cost me a lot as in not much over 2k and I was hoping to spend less than that on getting 300bhp from it

found a few websites that do turbo/supercharger kit's for the VR6, but wondering if anyone has done this for under 2k ?

you can't do it reliably under 2000 pounds, not 300bhp, you can pick up a z-eng kit for under 1.5k s/h or if ur lucky a vortech kit for under 2k, but you wont get a stage 3 vf kit s/h for under 2k, they sell for 3.2k new, c2's stage 2 is 2.7k new, if u go for 300bhp, u need to reduce compression ratio or get water injection and or think of gear box mods.

you cannot do this on an old car without serious love. believe me, i've had a reasonable time with my charger and its not been cheap and have had loads of discount.

if i had to quote how much ive spent it would be in the low 2k range, if took of my discount it would be at least 3k.

dunno about turbo charging.

contact ultimatetune, they may have a cheap kit going with a used v1 soon.

I Have done a little bit of reading, and I thought 300 was about the limit where you start needing to reduce the compression raito and such, was hoping for around 300 without putting spacer gaskets on or skimming pistons I can put a spacer gasket on if need be, but id prefer not too.

I had a bit of trouble getting a gearbox, this time round but bonus was I got a spare engine too, so I can handle blowing a engine, but another gearbox I had problems finding one,

I was leaning towards turbocharging as it appears to be cheaper than supercharging,

it seems supercharger is probably the prefered method for most VR6 Owners But ill go either way. cost is the most important factor here,

I was looking at this kit from BBM

Here

but now thinking about it i might have issues being a RHD Car, things getting in the way

both ways have there own merits and there own complications. To be honest if 2K is your limit i would keep an eye out for 2nd hand units. Otherwise i would hold on and save a little bit more. 300bhp is very achievable but at a cost.. There is a vast range of super charger kits, C2 from us, and VF from NS etc. turbo kits for rhd will be available soon, but is not straight forward and the cost will prob be more than SC the car, due to the extra cost of additional parts to make things work reliably. Try looking at the vortech forum, lots of info there :)

ive seen that before, i believe that RHD manifolds arent ready for our cars.

300bhp is the limit? from what i've heard 300bhp is a recommended figure to start getting on a spacer etc. I thhink you'll find out when you get detonation problems or your engine blows up :).

anyways, if you can get a charger cheap, get it :).

Raj at Nik Saran racing told me that the VR6 powerplant and gearbox (with standard clutch) will handle up to 300bhp no problem. Best people to speak to would be NS Racing (Nik Saran) and Stealth Racing. What these guys don't know (if anything) isn't worth knowing.

stealth have ordered me to get water injection under 300bhp. To be honest, 300bhp is a good mark to start thinking about the mods.

but..

its going to be down to how your engine handles it, does your lambda still work, is your engine odb1, is it an ag or bm ecu, has it got good compression, is throwing up any intermittant faults, is your gearbox's syncro on its way out, have you had the diff pins changed to bolts, do you want a quaiffe to keep you on the road, do you need a 6 speed box, do you want forged pistons and rods to stop you from blowing up, are you going to need a spacer gasket, while your doing the spacer, are you willing to spend 500-1000 on replacing the chain tensioners, while your there are you gonna refurb the head, do you need water injection, do you need an intercooler, is your oil temperature too high, do you need a oil cooler, is your exchaust happy with 300bhp, if not, change it...

see on engine mods alone you can spend a SERIOUS amount of money, for the head rebuild with spacer and chains stealth estimates 1.4k. lol and my cars only done 80k now.

vf stage 3 will make 300bhp, their stage 2 makes 280bhp

c2 stage 1 will make 280bhp and stage 2 makes 300bhp

vf's stage 1 and c2's stage 1 are just about the same price so its a no brainer at the moment. Im just waiting to see if NSR can fix kevhaywires car, don't seem to be doing too well at the moment, im glad ultimatetune sends my car to stealth, they are excellent.

of course you might get a bit more or less out of it.