mine is coming on the odd time at the moment aswell. it eigther comes on staright way when i start the car or it doesn't come on at all. would that be a sensor then??

also my ignition sticks a bit so in the past if i didn't turn it by hand to the correct position the ABS light stayed on could this be the problem??

I'm in the process of buying another VR6 for my cousin and have found one but the ABS sensor light is on so the owner tells me but he aint spendin more cash on it before it goes.

dont buy it ,until the abs is fixed,if pump gone can be very costly

I've seen quite a few Mk3 Golfs with the ABS light on and 99% of the time it was simply a dirty sensor. This seems to be a fairly common problem with the Mk3's and each time I have fixed it by unplugging each sensor and literally just blown into the plug and made sure it's clean, plug it back in and bingo! Problem sorted, light is off. I'd give it a try if I were you, it could well solve it for you.

i got an airbag light on which has come on after the car had its codes read by a VAG-COM. i know im going to have to have a code reader plugged in again but has any1 had a similar problem so i know whether i need to save up for some costly rip off parts from veedub or not.

Probably just needs resetting - it's a common OBD2 thing. If you've perhaps plugged in or unplugged the test kit while the ignition was on it can trigger the airbag light. Does the same on OBD2 Volvo's.

Turning the ignition on while an airbag was disconnected also trips the same error.

I'm in the process of buying another VR6 for my cousin and have found one but the ABS sensor light is on so the owner tells me but he aint spendin more cash on it before it goes.

dont buy it ' date='until the abs is fixed,if pump gone can be very costly

[/quote']

Yes, ABS pump failure is a major pain in the ass. Unless the seller will let you plug a VAG-COM into it to verify that it isn't a pump fault, walk away.

my rear wheel sensor has been replaced,light still comes

on then goes out,got money back from service checked

centre nut with split pin it was loose retitened ok for a

while worn bearings can cause this ,vag-com still says rear

sensor so could be pump to much money i,ll wait until on

all the time hope you get yours sorted.