Who says Vr's are poor on fuel?? (piccy)

I must have a super light foot. I managed just under 36 back from Surrey to Manchester with quite a bit of stop start and slow running on the M25.

It was constant 80mph the rest of the way.

Mind you, I used to travel the country to supply/fit technical parts about 5 years ago and I could always managed an extra 50 miles out of a tank of diesel than everybody else. So maybe I have!

I managed 126,000m in 1 year. !amazed

eat this that wont work cos it thinks your car is ticking over and using fuel and not moving. just look next time ur car is ticking over in neutral the mpg drops!!!!!

i assure u it does iv done it get to a ton drop it out of gear then reset the trip ;)

Yeah it would work. The engine still uses fuel on idle, but it's a tiny amount in comparison to the speed and distance covered. So "idle amount of fuel" divided by "distance covered freewheeling" = 99.9mpg (It's more than this, that's all the display is capable of shing though).

Looks like my daily run to work is going to average out my consumption at 32mpg. That's pretty good and only 1mpg less than my 2.0 lightweight Volvo 480. :D