Idle funny after diconnecting battery?

Hi people, i disconnected my battery yestarday and now when i drive it the idle drops really low so much so the when i was parking it today it stalled?

Any one shed some light on this for me or had the same problem?

Its a 1996 OBD2

cheers for any help Paul :)

mght need to reset the throttle body... after reconnecting the battery turn the ignition on so the dash lights come on and listen to the throttle body (you'll hear whirring noises) when they stop then turn the ignition off and start the engine

what were you doing to disconnect the battery? I assume it was nothing that may have affected the idling?

I disconnected it so i could take the airbag off the steering wheel to remove the wheel, when i reconnected it i had to turn the ignition on and shut the doors the reconnect it for the air bag light to come on the go off, that was it, so should i now disconnect the battery again and to what you said for the throttle? cheers for the help Paul

VAG-COM is needed really. What we need is a regionalised thread stating who has it and what regions they can cover. We did that on the Corrado forum and it's been hugely successful. I've done countless scans and sent most people home no longer fearing the worst ;-)

With OBD2, do as Justin said but leave it on ignition stage 2 for 2 mins, then start it and let it idle for about 2 mins also. If no joy, your stepper motor could be faulty and that's a big

kev, could you come to norwich and do an obd1? how much would you charge for doing that?

lambda sensor measures oxygen levels in the exhaust and alters them accordingly.

camshaft sensor sensors camshaft timing in unison with crankshaft position.(i think)

yeah the camshaft sensor is in the upper timing chain cover. behind the coilpack. it works off the rear camshaft sprocket.