There are loads of differences, would take too long to explain *all* of them, but as Ultimate tune says, better fuelling and ignition are two of it's benefits.

Superior idling is another, they never ever stall unless the stepper motor gets tired. My Corrado was always stalling when it was OBD1, N/A and charged.

If you're a VAG COM user then you'll love OBD2. It has 30 usable measuing blocks compared to OBD1's 5 or 6. OBD2 also reports knock, Mass air flow and percentage of lambda whereas with OBD1 it's guesswork.

During a dyno run, you can data log those 3 measuring blocks and read it afterwards in Excel and it paints a very accurate picture of what the engine is doing throughout the range. For example, if you're charged, you can look at the knock when the boost kicks in and see how much the timing is being pulled, it's truly awesome. The ideal management for chargers in my opinion.

Another major selling point is the MAF price....just

As mentioned above there are quite a few differences.

Apparently according to Stealth Racing a good vr tuning company they say the ODB2 vr6 golfs have on average 185bhp compared to the 174 for an ODB1. This is what they told me... you can remap the ODB1 vr to produce the same power as an ODB2 :P (an increase of around 10bhp)... Stealth and AMD tuners will do this...cost is approximately

ohhh sound i have had problems trying to get chip for the current set up i have....ODB1 and im running a vortech s/c using the z engineering fitting kit....but i want to get around to sort the ecu out before the major power hike i plan to do sum time soon.....wot you guys reckon to DTA managment.....has neone got DTA on a S/C application