[poll] MK1 SUPERCHARGED VR6 CAB?

Just puttin' the feelers out to find out if:

a) a vr6 lump will go into a mk1? - I have been told so but would like to clarify with the VR crew.

B) does any one know of the mods required to do the conversion?

c) what do you guys & gals think??

I would be obviosly returning my mk3 highline to near standard and selling to fund the project. I have a near mint H reg mk1, with full electrics and just had a thought (like you do!) as my engine has been sat on the workshop floor for a few weeks... !amazed

1132685148_882_FT0_bay.jpg

just thinkin of something different, I love all hte mod cons of the mk3 Highline, but my cabs just sitting there all standard and screaming out for something leary!

The mk3's sat on the ramps at the moment, and i'm waiting for the 83.5mm wiseco piston set to arrive, the bottom end is undergoing a complete rebuild and balance. I just got thinking whilst its out and i have two vr lumps, two cars that dont get used regularly, why not play with the idea of 1 mentalist motor.

I will probably be selling the polished schrick at some point so watch the forums! the charger is staying! and so is the Nos setup!

the engine on the mk1 seems to be mounted quite far back, as far as balance goes i dont think its anything another vr6 in the back cant sort out .

j5ke, is rob getting those wiseco forged pistons for you? i've thinking of this also......

btw you can get a v9 in that space, its smaller, just make up a custom bracket, problem your gonna get is getting the inlet piping in, possibly charger alignment, but PROCHARGER have some bracketry that will sort you out just fine i think.

Your all as mental as me!!!!!!!!!!

Love it... keep the ideas rolling in peeps!

Nerih, You have got me thinking now...

Thanks for the images Tommy, - very helpfull to get an idea of space! - & Sorry stockers! I'm not saying no to the mk3 but am drifting rapidly toward the mk1 way...

lol here was me trying to get you to stick with the mk3 ;). if you do change to a mk1, you must take all the mods cons from your mk3, door lights, boot lights, electric everything ;), or you'll just feel let down even in a nicely upholstered car, you dont want to be rolling up the windows to ensure no rain gets in. I would first check the build quality of your mk1, ensure its viable within your budget. Decide on a conversion, 1.8T might work, VR6 will work and you can supercharge it depending on bracket work, of course all your pipe work will have to be bespoke. If you stick a vr6 in the back then get ready for a reasonable amount of work...either way get ready for a world of suffering and cuts for a few months since its hella cold unless you got a heated garage.

i live quite close to elstree, if you wanna meet up let me know.