tour of ford`s wrc factory!

just got back from a vip tour of fords wrc divsion M SPORT and hav to say had the best day i`ve had in ages!! my pal won the tour when we were at the BTC at knockhill, for those that don`t no M sport is owned n run by malcom wilson, probably 1 of fords greatest ever rally drivers!

the day consisted of the comp winners gettin taken round a short rally stage by THE tony grundemeister, who is probably the coolest, most calm person i`ve ever met , then a tour round the whole factory where all the rally cars r built n serviced, what a fuckin place!! the grounds r huge(45-50 acres of all things rally n ford motorsport!) and a tour round malcom wilson`s own personal collection of fords! then there was a simulator challenge but the younger playstation generation kicked ass at that

i knew some stuff bout wrc n the cars but holy shit, the development n technology the cars hav is incredible for example every focus wrc car engine is rebuilt every 1000miles at a cost of 25grand, a clutch costs 20grand and 1 shock absorber minus spring costs 10 grand!! there r 45metre`s of tube used to make the complete cage . the 2 litre zetec engine used produces 300bhp n 450 ft/lb of torque and peaks at maximum boost of 5 BAR , the car wears 385mm disc n 8 pots allround for tarmac n 290mm n 4 pots allround for gravel, which cost a grand per disc n 400 quid for a 4 pads (n thats the small set)

all in all a fuckin ace day, bit cold in the woods rite enough but the smell of rally fuel kept spirits high!! it was also all expenses paid!

here`s some random pics from through the day, altho we weren`t allowed to take any pics or notes in the workshop as there workin on the new focus wrc car which looks fuckin awesome by the way!!! will post more later!

Photo-0049.jpg

Photo-0060.jpg

Photo-0063.jpg

also got to fufil a life long ambition of seein a RS1700t, full roadversion in blue!! so 80`s but oh so cool

Photo-0072.jpg

Photo-0081.jpg

Photo-0088.jpg

Photo-0076.jpg

Photo-0080.jpg

Photo-0082.jpg

heres a set of ex rally car alloys, you`ll notice the 5 spoke oz`s hav actually had the spokes n rim ripped out of the wheel!!!

Photo-0086.jpg

will get some more up soon, but alot of them r just of the rs1700t!!