More vibration in fourth gear than any other gear...

Hi

When I put my hand on the gear stick when I'm in fourth I can feel much more vibration than in any of the other gears. Is this common - what could cause this? The car is fine driving in fourth but not quite as smooth as the other gears.

Today when the engine was warm I revved the engine in neutral to about 3k revs very briefly and the whole car seemed to vibrate a lot when sitting inside the car, compared to normal driving. Is this normal and because the car is not in gear?

Yep, it sounds more like you are just happening to notice it in fourth, because of the associated engine speed. Find what RPM you are doing when you particularly notice it and see if it does it at the same RPM in another gear ie 3rd or 5th. That way we might be able to elimanate things.

It only happens in fourth - just a mild vibration in the actual gearstick throughout the rev range - checked all other gears in all the rev range which are all fine. To be honest it's only a minor niggle. Just curious why fourth gear may vibrate more than other gears.