Ok, so I'm driving to work this morning and for the first time this week since I've got the car back I come to the dredded hill my car smokes at the bottom of. So, I think, here we go, test time, I overrun it all the way down in 4/3rd, put my foot down at the bottom a hey fuckin ho a barbque has started in my exhaust!!

What the fuck is going on here guys, I also had a ring test on all 6 at DTC (diesel left on top) no leakage.

I'm gonna leave it a few weeks and let it coke up a bit, but what the hell could it be?

The cars running like a dream now but burning oil is not what it did when it left the factory 60k ago!

Suggestions please

I'm trying to think simple as you've had the more technical things investigated / replaced' date=' your oil level is correct and not more than 5.5 litres and your cat is sound?

[/quote']

I have done all of the above my friend and I run the car like a baby. Oil is checked regularly, always warmed up properly, never drven on the limiter. I'm just annoyed that it's still doing it, surley they can't of smoked from the factory? !dodge

I'm trying to think simple as you've had the more technical things investigated / replaced' date=' your oil level is correct and not more than 5.5 litres and your cat is sound?

[/quote']

I have done all of the above my friend and I run the car like a baby. Oil is checked regularly, always warmed up properly, never drven on the limiter. I'm just annoyed that it's still doing it, surley they can't of smoked from the factory? !dodge

So i was told, even from brand new they drink oil, and it has to go somewhere.

The useage of oil is no different than usual. The smoking is very wierd. I've nipped into the office to do some painting and the car didn't do it today. I just cant figure it out. Surley if an oil control ring had gone it would smoke under normal acceleration wouldn't it?