Injectors and fuel cosumption

I am getting very poor MPG from my VR6 auto the in car readout averages about 13mpg and that is driving normaly round town, I use the M4 quite a lot and road permiting drive at 90mph and the average MPH is about 15.5 mpg acording to the trip meter.

Could it be that the injectors need replacing/sevicing,and is this an easy job to do.

I have done a full service and replaced everything including a new MAF.I do have a very slight blow on the exhust (unless you get under the car you can't hear it)

Any idea's &|

I will give it a try doing the MPG by miles covered but I think the trip is right as all I seem to do is fill the car up with fuel,what made me think injectors is when I drive normaly there seem to be a lot of throttle movement with no increase in speed ( unless it kicks down)I know the blow on the exhaust would'nt help but it is such a slight blow there is no way it would affect it that much.

I have cleaned the throttle body and also ajusted the throttle cable so I think a Throttle Body Alignment check with Vag-com might be an idea.

Will post my findings if and when I sort out my problems. :)

I have done a throttle body alignment check but did not use Vag com as you can do it by opening the drivers door and turning on the ignition, you will here a high pitch sound followed by a clunk, Job done.

Doing this has made the car much more responsive but the trip mpg still remains the same.

Ah well keep on trying %-6 .

Jeez man it's a brick! it's not meant to give good MPG figures! it's a seven seater, it's an auto and it's a VR6 !grr official combined figures are 12.3 so if your getting 15.5 be happy about it :) if you want the same vehicle and good MPG get aN oil burner !amazed

My owners hand book say 1861 unladen but with driver and 2450 max load.

But hey I'm not bothered about that I just wanted to improve the MPG,I spoke to the wife about getting shot of it for a diesel but she won't let me as the car drives like new and said would be hard pushed unless I spent lot of money to get a diesel that drives as nice as the VR6.

Looks like I will have to just buy shares in an oil company. :D

The only problem with that is, I am a singer so need to put my P.A equipment and keyboard in the back and there is no room for an extra tank, if they did one that went under the floor then it would be a thing worth doing but all the one's I have seen are behind the rear seat. :( .