Stutter problem, car not me!

Could be the plugs (I had a similar problem - turned out Caffyns had not tightened ALL size of my plugs - once fully tightened the problem disappeared - I'm never taking it back to the main dealers!) Could also be your HT leads and their connections to your coilpack or distributor (if you have an early golf).

my vr has got a slight stutter every now and then aswell, it happens when you lift off then re accelerate too, just a momentary loss of power and then its fine, again only happens when its hot, it only does it rarely, i just thought it was an air mass sensor blip or me being to brutal on the throttle waiting for the ecu to catch up!! but it does sound like the same issue you have just not as bad, yet!

i dont think the fault is plugs on my car, mine are only 2000 miles old and are genuine vw vr6 plugs! i suppose it could be a HT lead breaking down every now and then under load? i have never changed them so could be? or as suggested a small crack in coil pack which gets more noticable when hot and arcs a bit when you rev hard at low speed? its only a minor blip when mine does it but it is deffinately acceleration/load related, it seems to happen if its gonna when slowing to a roundabout then putting it under load, it dont feel like fuel, i think it would be more obvious at higher speeds as i have been upto 70 a couple of times ;) i will replace the leads soon anyway maybe that will cure it? to be honest it hasnt happened that regularly so its an odd one! :|