obd2 pig to start when warm

idle is a bit erratic but it never stalls i know my plugs r iffy (being done this week) and the fuellin is probably poor

it catches fine but revs drop to 2-300 rpm sometimes it comes back upto 600 and idles but usually cuts out unless u give it a little throttle

the cam sensor has been cleaned could realy do with this sortin for saturday as its being mapped then :)

i have the same prob, had it on vag com and it came out with nothing. although they did say the throttle butterfly is 10 degrees too far open at idle or something? they suggested cleaning the isv but guess you cant do that. the throttle on mine needs setting up to which i dont think helps.

it could be the engine speed sensor on yours?

long starts when warm can some times be caused by loss of compression ie past the rings etc' date=' but knowing the vr's are strong in that area i doubt that would be a prob. you could always try a compression test to make sure?

[/quote']

iv never had a compression test but im 100% sure my engines a good un !lol

i think iv fixed the problem guys gave the throttl;e body a b;loody good squirt with carb cleaner now starts every time :):):)

to reset the tb u have to open the drivers dorr (leave it open) then turn the key to ignition without startin the car leave it like this go round to the engine bay and youll hear a high pitch buzzin noise when this stops (usually 10-20 secs but can be upto 2 mins iirc) start the car thats it

to reset the tb u have to open the drivers dorr (leave it open) then turn the key to ignition without startin the car leave it like this go round to the engine bay and youll hear a high pitch buzzin noise when this stops (usually 10-20 secs but can be upto 2 mins iirc) start the car thats it

thats only for obd2 isnt it? mines an obd1 so i guess it can only be done by vag com?

thats only for obd2 isnt it? mines an obd1 so i guess it can only be done by vag com?

mine is obd2 i dont kno about obd1 sorry u can always try it though :)