My VR Don't like this cold weather at all !

The central locking keeps freezing the other day the passenger door wouldn't open like in sparkz's thread, the pin came up but the in and outside handles were dead, the rear wiper keeps freezing and so do the squirter's which i though were heated on vr's ?

Then today i was turning around in a close that was frozen and it started to spin in reverse and it started making a horrible noise at first i though it wasn't in gear properly as it sounded like the cogs grinding together noise you get when you don't put a car in gear properly and let the clutch out, then i pulled away forward and made it spin a bit and it done it again but now i'm thinking it sounds a bit like the abs pump, i can't make my mind up and i don't want to keep doing it in case i break something, i'm also getting fault codes on the climatronic every time i start the car (i've had them now and then since i brought the car but now it's all the time) but i hav'nt got a vag com to read the fault.

Also since this sub zero weather the engine sounds a bit knocky when i start it from cold, when it's always been quite.

Thanks

Bee

"sounds like that noise is the abs, could you feel it in the brake pedal?"

Yeah it is the abs pump, just started snowing so i went out and tried it.

"vrs have a form of traction control that uses the abs this is prob whats hapninn with yours"

I know some VR's have traction control and that did cross my mind but mine has not got traction control, besides it makes the noise when it spining but it don't stop it spinning.

"the cold weather makes a 50k car sound knocky mate! oil dont like the cold! just takes longer to circulate to the head"

Mines done 78k, it sound like a washing machine for about 7/8 seconds then its fine.

Thanks for the replys

I think i need to get a vagcom and get the fault codes read, how much do the stealer charge to read fault codes or better still do any of you out there that have one live in or near oxford.

I remember there being a vagcom data base somewhere on another forum, i think it's the tyresmoke forum i'll have to have a look.

Thanks

Bee...