STRANGE BUZZER SOUND???

Happy new year guys...

Having owned my car for over 2 years now I've only just noticed a very faint buzzer noise under the bonnet when the ignition lights are on and the engine is not running. Don't think its anything to do with the alarm or is it?

P.S Cars off back down to Plymouth on the 13th for the head re-inspection. Hope it gets sorted!

thats the throttle body and electrical gubbins/ecu setting itself mine does it too! aux pump noise only runs when its been hot

PHM i think you'll find that Aux water pump runs all the time with engine on regardless if i'ts hot or cold. And carries on running for a futher 5-10mins after the ignition is turned off.

Hey Jay happy new year to you :) You dont half drive a long way to your garage you should pop in for a cup of tea when your driving past my neck of the woods lol :) Sorry cant help with the buzzer thing :D

Hey Claire, happy new year to you too. It was a convenience thing at the time. Now its a major ball ache!!!! x)

thats the throttle body and electrical gubbins/ecu setting itself mine does it too! aux pump noise only runs when its been hot

PHM i think you'll find that Aux water pump runs all the time with engine on regardless if i'ts hot or cold. And carries on running for a futher 5-10mins after the ignition is turned off.

in the words of andy pipkin "yeah i know" you can hear it more after switch off from running hot though, sanky i think this noise people are on about is the buzz type humm that nerih mentions in his hall sender thread where the throttle and ecu reset and synchronise themselves, my rallye golf used to do it too when you set the ignition to on but not started, i will only worry if mine stops doing it !amazed !amazed