why is there so many vr for sale

cant belive that there is so many vr for sale. go on lots of vw forum like every members does and their is so many vr for sale and so many nice ones and the prices are so cheap. has you now i am selling my wife vr for my daughter i will not give it away still want to keep it and if i had a garage and a longer drive so i dont need to tax them all i think i would have about 5 now is it me or his it in my blood

the best golf ever the vr6 !heart :P

tinny22 mad on vr6 only one in blackpool :P

They're getting to that age now, too old to be a reliable every day car with no problems, and too new to be a sought after classic. The Mk2 GTi 16v was the same about 5 years ago, now people are asking silly money for them. I've even considered selling mine, but there's not really anything that I'd buy to replace it with within my budget.

They're all getting up to the 100,000 mile+ mark now, and being "over the ton" always hits resale value.

This is especially true of the VR6, as timing chains need doing soon after 100k and this is a £600-£800 job at a garage.

So it's definitely a buyer's market at the moment. Some real bargains to be had. Get the chains done and service it well, and there's no reason why a 100k VR6 shouldn't be good for another 80,000 reliable miles.

Interestingly enough, Corrado VR6 prices still remain healthy. Probably due to rarity value.

It is strange I have seen some right bargain highlines for sale recently, I do not know why VR6's can go so cheap... I cannot find anything I REALLY like to replace mine (apart from an RS2 which is out of budget at the mo!) so I will hang on to mine and hope it appreciates a bit like the corrado ;)

I think it's like most things. You own it for a while and you get bored after while and look to soemthing new. I love mine but I am little bored with it.

Re. the Corrado? IMO That happened after Top Gear's review on future classics a couple of years ago. They said go for the Rado over the Golf it's 'sure to be a classic' and wouldn't you know it, the prices double over night. I'm sure the same would have happened with the Golf had Top Gear made a similar comment.

This is true and they're not cheap to maintain either. The stealers give them a bad name, well, anything VAG actually...

VR6matt is right, the Golf does deserve the hype. It was originally put together as VWs answer to the hugely popular E30 BMW 325i andf is a true Q car.

i love my Vr6 but I use it for heavy driving (13k), had it since June last year and spent nearly 3k on work on her and still need more work as the wheel bering I think are playing up given the noise coming out of her so will be getting rid of mine due to costing me a fortune.

The person who has mine next will have a right minter of an engine shes drive fantastic but all the work is killing me.

Guest Robgreenvr6

even after spending loads on bits n pieces, mine is gonna stay with me for a good while yet... need some work to get the asthetics up to scratch, but its worth it, and also give it another couple of years an they'll be worth a fortune!!!

having only ever owned VW`s my whole driving life, i dont think i would ever stray from the vw stable (unless it came from from stutgart ;) ) prices are all relative to a cars status and "wantability" i bought my mk1`s for peanuts and 7 years down the line i got 3k for the green one!!! i also got my money back (almost!) on the rallye, i had that 5 years and "lost" 1k so thats not too sad at all, i did buy when they were right pricey mind! hopefully the VR6 will have the same future cult following as other top of the range vw`s over the years, and the mk3 shape is now viewed by most, including vw mechanics!! as being the last "properly" built vw!! though i am sure the newer ones will be viewed the same way in 5-10 years aswell, as said but maybe NOT the first 6 cylinder hatch back but surely one of the best ever made will go on to be a legend just like the 1800 mk1 gti and mk2 16v which has seen a good reserection in popularity recently! ;)

each car will be more desirable to different buyers though! i dont think any vr6 highline or otherwise is worth more than 5k tbh, 2 years ago when i initially started looking for a purple highline they were all 6-7 k, more than i wanted to pay!! depreciation on vw`s has never benn bad so can always get a good price, even if you lose 1k in 2 years thats less than most marques! my father in law has a 1999 4.0 XJR jag 54k new its done 16k and its now worth..........15k at most!!!! now thats depreciation!! its still an awesome car though!!!! woops porsches and the like, 4.0 Supercharged V8 makes a nice noise tooooo!!!!

I paid £8,000 for mine 4 years with 44,000 miles, which was an average price at the time for a good Highline.

TOUCH WOOD, if I han't done any modifications to it, I would not have spent any money on it all apart from the normal petrol, tyres, T&T and servicing.

I've had no repairs to do on it at all. The brakes are have never needed doing yet while I've had it. My mate, the mechanic who does my car says the brake pads and discs have got plenty of life left in them.

I only do 5,000 miles in it roughly a year, so keeping it young at 64,000.

There are a lot of days when I don't drive it, as it now used as a second car. So I won't be putting mine up for sale! Such a reliable well put together car, the VR! 8)

Usually do sell my cars after a couple of years, so I do not lose much money, but this car gives grin factor!!!

8)

GolfVR6012small.jpg

dont get me wrong i am not selling my vr i love the car and like i said had 12 golf now from mk1 1,1 and 2 gti

and 6 mk2 all gti 8v and 3mk 3 1 gti8v and 2 vr6 and the vr6 has been the far better golf i have had. i got a insurance quote to day for a mk 4 R32 for £364.00 that is great but the cars are still £15-£16 grand in 3 years what will they be worth so i am going to keep my vr for few more years than i would love a R32

tinny22