• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you want with a cav turbo, there not a bad car like but a vr6 will probley out perform it, definatly more reliable and the quality aswell. With the cav's now it'll be hard to find one with no rot on the back arches and the transfer box's are meant to be poor ??

Stick with your Golf

just the reaction i thought i would get. i wasn't asking for you're views, i was askin if you new anyone. but considering you lot wouldn't even talk to anyone who drove anything other than a vw this was prob a total waste of time.this was the only thing that put me off gettin a vr! the risk of bein labeled a wanker.and reading some of these post's i can see why we get such a bad rep! coz its true!!!!! the general feelin on this site is 'if it isn't a vw then it must be shit'.when asked what other cars you would drive, you lot never seem to venture further than audi! its sad.

nah i wouldnt say that about myself mate, as i like all types of cars, although preferably german. VR6's are great but they are far from the best cars on the planet!

cavalier 4x4 turbo are good, but a frind of mine did own one and it was really unreliable- and he had to get rid of it in the end... cheap fun while it lasted though! :-)

Have you thought about any other 4x4 turbos in your price range? old scooby wrx or something?

when asked what other cars you would drive' date=' you lot never seem to venture further than audi! its sad.

[/quote']

The wife and I have just bought a nearly new Land Rover Freelander, and that is not a VW. Before that we also had a Toyota MR2 as a 2nd car.

I have not been talking about those 2 makes on this website, and asked questions about these, as I know people would not really be interested.

There will be people who will have a laugh with you but there is no need to take it to heart. Try and help you in the right direction. They're only being honest!

There is no point asking people on here if they want a VR6 for Cavalier, as people already have a VR6 and not a Cavalier Turbo.

Better going on a Vauxhall website as you'll probably find 100's of them willing to swap to a car that is a better car - the VR! 8)

Anyway, good luck in whatever you get. At the end of the day, its your choice. You only live once! 8)

just the reaction i thought i would get. i wasn't asking for you're views' date=' i was askin if you new anyone. but considering you lot wouldn't even talk to anyone who drove anything other than a vw this was prob a total waste of time.this was the only thing that put me off gettin a vr! the risk of bein labeled a wanker.and reading some of these post's i can see why we get such a bad rep! coz its true!!!!! the general feelin on this site is 'if it isn't a vw then it must be shit'.when asked what other cars you would drive, you lot never seem to venture further than audi! its sad.

[/quote']

Oh dont be like that, Do a swap for the Chavalier, you should get 2 or 3 for a VR6 :P PS, Vauxhall-Opel is after all kinda German aswell ;) but i think most people on here would rather be a sad VW owning Wanker than have 3 Chavaliers in the drive :P;)

1138395182_2067_FT98462_chav_alier.jpg look at those flames! bet its fast??? :P;)

when asked what other cars you would drive' date=' you lot never seem to venture further than audi! its sad.

[/quote']

The wife and I have just bought a nearly new Land Rover Freelander, and that is not a VW. Before that we also had a Toyota MR2 as a 2nd car.

I have not been talking about those 2 makes on this website, and asked questions about these, as I know people would not really be interested.

There will be people who will have a laugh with you but there is no need to take it to heart. Try and help you in the right direction. They're only being honest!

There is no point asking people on here if they want a VR6 for Cavalier, as people already have a VR6 and not a Cavalier Turbo.

Better going on a Vauxhall website as you'll probably find 100's of them willing to swap to a car that is a better car - the VR! 8)

Anyway, good luck in whatever you get. At the end of the day, its your choice. You only live once! 8)

did you even read the original thread. i didnt ask if any1 on here had 1. i asked if any1 new any1 who did. i have bin on other sites. i just thought that i would give you lot a chance to prove that you haven't got vw tunnel vision. silly really. just 1 person has replyed who would talk about another car without sayin somthing bad first. and he is the only 1 who doesn't sound like he's just repeat what he has over heard.

nah i wouldnt say that about myself mate' date=' as i like all types of cars, although preferably german. VR6's are great but they are far from the best cars on the planet!

cavalier 4x4 turbo are good, but a frind of mine did own one and it was really unreliable- and he had to get rid of it in the end... cheap fun while it lasted though! :-)

Have you thought about any other 4x4 turbos in your price range? old scooby wrx or something?

[/quote']

thanks for being open minded. you're obviously the exception that proves the rule. i have thought about scoobies but coz of the rep they have the insurance is a big prob. its actualy cheaper for me to get insured on a supra turbo than a wrx.but i haven't got £6000+ to spend. thing is vauxhalls are cheap and i have a lot of friends that have lot of vauxhall now how. including 1 who has a cav turbo.

just the reaction i thought i would get. i wasn't asking for you're views' date=' i was askin if you new anyone. but considering you lot wouldn't even talk to anyone who drove anything other than a vw this was prob a total waste of time.this was the only thing that put me off gettin a vr! the risk of bein labeled a wanker.and reading some of these post's i can see why we get such a bad rep! coz its true!!!!! the general feelin on this site is 'if it isn't a vw then it must be shit'.when asked what other cars you would drive, you lot never seem to venture further than audi! its sad.

[/quote']

thats not me mate a want a monaro :P my last car was an 8v cav sri which i really liked i was trying to give my honest unbiased opinion and dont like being called a wanker ~:(

ps i nearly bought a v6 calibra but i drove my vr and that was that

If Vaux are so bad why did the cavalier sell so well, why are so many still alive today??? There not great, but i had one for 2 years and over 40k miles, and it served me very well. Mechanically they are strong, bar the trasfer boxes, there like any car, you have to look after it!!!!

I've driven almost every Vaux going when one summer my job was to move/park cars at a dealership, one thing i will say is the build quality isn't as bad as people think, not up to VW standards but miles above ford. The engines are reliable only the t/x box on the 4x4s is a bit dodgy but looked well they're ok. One problem i did notice on the older cavs was a very warn feeling on all the controls, loose gear changes, slack steering etc. Given the choice i'd still go for a VR, not because the Cav is bad but i just prefer the VR.

If you're happy with a cav go for it it's your money :)

i can't see the fuss made about vr6s, they're not even that fast as standard, compared to newer cars. If i had the brass I'd go with an m3 or impreza , i bought a vr cause it was the cheapest, good looking, fast car i could afford (2k bargain) ;) I will say my mate has got an audi s4 and that is a pure BEAST!! But notcause it's vag, but because it's a 4.2 V8.

I used to be into Vauxhalls before I got into VWs. I don't see the problem with them, they're good, honest, reliable transport and the performance versions provide genuine driving thrills for not much money.

If you want a fast, cheap Vauxhall saloon, go for the Vectra GSi 2.5 V6 (192BHP) instead. They are quick as buggery, don't have to be revved as hard, have no 4wd to go wrong, look more up-to-date, come with all the toys and are a LOT less likely to have been caned. Nicer sounding engine too. You can pick these up for less than £1500 quid - a lot of car for the money.

Just like the VR6, the only fault with these cars is the boat-like handling on standard suspension, but a good aftermarket suspension kit can sort that out.

As for the Scooby... from owning one I can tell you now that these cars cost a LOT to run. If you're buying one as a "toy" for occasional use then fair enough, but if you use it as everyday transport, the fuel consumption and tricky maintenance will soon do your head in. And don't get me started on Insurance...