i am wanting to upgrade my standard speakers in my vr, just wondering if anyone can recommend any speaker packages that might be available for a mk3 upgrade kit, and where to get them, just something that sounds good, not for any ice competition, or if someone can just tell me the sizes of all the speakers that are in the car, and i will do the rest, n reg 3 door, thanks for looking

i will try and use a 50wx4 head unit and no amp, dont want amps and beefin everything up, what speakers could i use then? for coaxials? or a mix like eat this? what sort of wattage speaker (peak) would i be looking at buying for this head unit? i assume the 50wx4 means peak power, and not rms? prob about 23w rms?

I just upgraded all my door speakers to Alpine "E" sxe 1725 s series speakers, they fit straight in the existing door pods and behind the grilles properly, i got them from here http://search.ebay.co.uk/alpine-speakers_W0QQfromZR40QQfrtsZ50QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1 for about £18 a set, its the 16.5 cm ones you need, all you have to do is cut the old vw connectors and crimp some new ones on, mine sounds 50 times better, like you, i didnt want a disco! just a better sound.

i got an Alpine head unit, its a 4685R or something like that !shy ! its just a single cd player one, think it has some pre outs on the back for extras? but i just have it running on its own good internal amp, think its 40 watts per channel or summink?, gives decent enough sounds for me, nothing room shaking! just decent ;)