Where can I get long duct hosing (to act as cold air feed) for a BMC induction kit?

Hi

I have a Golf VR6 (1997 ODB2) and want to buy a BMC CDA induction kit for it. I believe the retail price is £160. Are there any cheaper places to buy it, or can anyone get hold of one for a cheaper price and ideally within 2 weeks?

Thanks for any help.

I live in West Sussex by the way.

Cheers

Matt

hi matt, obviously you have overlooked my group buy that is going on,

150 pounds including delivery and the rubber hose piece that is needed to fit to VR6. VAT etc all in.

check out the group buy section and put your name down if interested, a couple of weeks should be possible but not guaranteed as its taking time to gather interest.

let me know,

cheers

Cheers Baz. Thanks for the offer. Looks good. However just spoke to Vince and he is fitting one to my car for 160 all in when I visit him soon as I'm having other stuff done at the same time ...so he's fitting it for free.

Thanks anyway.

Cheers

ps. However if you or anyone else knows where I could pick up some really long hose/ duct piping (cold air feed) to fit to the end of the BMC so it can reach to just behind the front bumper grill please let me know (as I believe the standard duct piping that comes with the BMC kit is pretty pathetic and can't reach down to the bottom of the engine bay easily.

Thanks for any help.

p.s. stay clear of wank halfords ripspeed shite, it literally rips, and the DIY heating vents that you get for dryers etc imo look wank and are not up to the job, either get a proper bmc cda one, you should get one with it, as has been said you'll need to bend it around the headlamp supports. There's also

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=SFSSFD25-1 which is high temp, good quality stuff ;)

Thanks. What diameter (mm) does it have to be to connect to the front of the BMC, and how does it attach... jubilee clip? I'm getting my BMC beginning of March at Stealth so haven't seen what diam the cold air feed hole. From what I've heard the standard BMC cold air feed cannot reach down to the bottom of the engine bay to sit behind the centre area of the grill in the front bumper... not unless the carbon canistor is removed. I need something that will reach down far enough down towards behind the front bumper grill in the centre. Halfords one is too short. I've tried various DIY and accessories shops and the aluminium ones are far too smaller diameter and very weak and tear easily (I know from experience on my last car). I'll ask Vince when I see him if he has longer cold air feeds than the standard BMC one and see what he says. Thanks for the links. I'll check them out.

Cheers

If the cold air feed is long enough I should be able to feed it down to the centre of my front bumper just behind the front grill, without removing the carbon cannistor... I've checked and there's a big gap to a allow a piece of ducting hose through. I don't have air con or anything either.

Next question - how could I attach it to behind the front bumper grill (it's just below the radiator)?

p.s. stay clear of wank halfords ripspeed shite' date=' it literally rips, and the DIY heating vents that you get for dryers etc imo look wank and are not up to the job, either get a proper bmc cda one, you should get one with it, as has been said you'll need to bend it around the headlamp supports. There's also

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=SFSSFD25-1 which is high temp, good quality stuff ;)

[/quote']

Do you know what to select in the drop down lists on the Demon Tweeks site... the first drop down list seems to be a random order of numbers but not sure if this is mm length, or cms length or width / diameter? I'm assuming it's the diameter. Doesn't say how long it is though. I'll give them a ring.

Would you recommend going for the double ply or single ply? I may opt for the double just to be safe. Can anyone confirm what the cold air feed diameter has to be to fit to the opening of the BMC?

Cheers

well where about would i get extended tubing to move my canister????

my mate is a plumber and he is going to build me a cold air feed that goes right to the vent in the front bumper.

just a question but would it be better to put the BMC where the original air box is or should i build an extension and put BMC at the end behind the bumper???

keep the bmc where the original box is, halfords sell fuel line, i think you need 10mm and 8mm (think) tubing and some hose cuplinks and jubilee clips and some decent size tie wraps, it's easy, just make sure you get the correct size cuplinks and diameter/length of tubing. The cannister pulls up and slides out, don't try and unscrew it or pull it forwards, do a search on here there's loads about it this guy did a good job of it, http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?84513.post i put my lines across the slam panel, each to thier own.

If the cold air feed is long enough I should be able to feed it down to the centre of my front bumper just behind the front grill' date=' without removing the carbon cannistor... I've checked and there's a big gap to a allow a piece of ducting hose through. I don't have air con or anything either.

Next question - how could I attach it to behind the front bumper grill (it's just below the radiator)?

[/quote']

why in the centre? are you sure theres room for a bit of ducting that size? It should easily reach the lower grill

furry muff , each to thier own matey , good luck ;) and there are purpose built ducts that the CAI can attach to, they replace the black grills in the bumper but I just put into the bumper, laods of cold air near the wheel arch, and a plastic protector to stop it sucking up shit