Probably worth making a complaint - friend of mine who has a Ferrari complained after the company that they contract work out to put the car on the back of the trailer but scraped the front splitter doing it - they paid to have the front bumper and splitter painted no questions asked.

This is my worst responce by far, in the past I've had no problem with either the AA or RAC. Apperantly, I was a victim of circumstance, they did apologise on the night and laid the blame on a dead call centre and having to do everything on/with paper.

Complaint already sent. Made me feel better immediatly, as did this rant. I'm at least after the cost of my mobile calls and the cost of the taxi I had to call to get the cats I had just taken to the vet home in reasonable time.

TG

Don't talk to me about AA, had them out last Sunday, immoboliser kicked in and stayed on, nothing they could fair enough, BUT in the process of looking they broke the dizzy cap AND the crank sensor underneath it, just waiting for my bill and written confirmation of faults from Porsche tech and I'm sending them a letter, probabaly wont come to anything but make me feel better.

I tell you how bad this guy was, my misses came down to me and brought me a macdonalds, so talking to her and my daughter when I turn round and he's got a pair of pliers on number one HT lead yanking at it, just about manage to get my words " WTF are you doin " when out it comes, fancy ripping out a lead with a pair of pliers, ripped the rubber boot on the lead etc, so THANKS AA bloke your a knob.

!amazed , horror stories about the AA and RAC, tbh i would rather pay the extra to have my car recovered by a recovery agent and get it to a garage of my choice! for all the hope in the world you know the guy who turns up for any "roadside assistance" whichever company it is? and whenever it is? will be a minimaly trained monkey at best,real mechanics dont usually work for those sort of companys and with more modern cars its usually; "yeah fink your batterys flat mate" or "you got a fuse gone" and if they cant diagnose your fault with a voltmeter, hammer or pliers they just recover it anyway! the way most people view our emergency services i dont think the "fourth emergency service" fairs much better :P

gotta say, once went down the Newquay in my old MK2 golf GTi 8v last year, bear in mind it had been around the block a few times. Got there fine from Kingston!!!!! Trials of blue smoke (which was normal) all the way!!! Anyway, as we packed up to leave, went to start the car with no joy. My mate was a member of the AA, so called them out. Very nice chap takes a look, diagnosed the ignition coil lead had been shorting (arcing) all the way there and was shot. Not having a spare on bored, he blue peter'd a fix with insulation tape from the old lead. PERFECT!!! Got us back to london no probs.

gotta agree PHM, most around town are monkey's

Moral> make sure you breakdown in the counrtyside ;o)

I do agree with the Towing home statement, only used them 4 times in 5 years and towed home with every case, so at least you have the good feeling of knowing that within an hour someone will come out and at least get you and your family home to there beds which does make a difference when you've got little kids.

I'll stick my hand up and say that the RAC have helped me out far more then done me harm. Lockouts from my old Stag, smashed alternator in my old Stag...Busted Ferarri water pump....always got me where I'm going, no matter how sketchy my choice of car for the journey may have been........