65k and it's fucked!!! It's all down to how the cars been driven and maintained mate.

I had badly carbonised pistons and this caused excessive bore ware. Apparently the car was not driven enough to even warm up before I bought it and this does not do the engine any good at all!

Every high mileage VR I know runs like silk. Hopefully mine will after its brand new rebuild and 3.0 rebore ;)

mine is on 147000, still all gravy baby, engine is good but all the rubbers and plastics are perished and its costing me a fortune! think it am have it under control now though! over a grand later i would hope so anyway! saw one at 158k but it had a hole in the footwell!!!! some dodgy dealer tried selling it to me, what a c**t!! the hole even had a chalk line around it where the rotten bit was!

There were some Corrado VR6s with around 300' date='000 miles on them.

[/quote']

I bet they still wanted silly money for them.

They weren't for sale as it goes, but Corrados generally are not so expensive now, you can only really get silly money for Storms and really low milage cars. The rest of them have dropped in the last year. People think they're expensive because they compare them to Golfs but....Corrado VR6s were over £20k new 12+ years ago.

My Vento VR6, had 160k, before it went. My mum was driving it, the oil light came on, but she carried on as she was only less than a mile away from home. When she slowed down, oil started pumping out of the engine, nearly caught on fire, and the Fire Brigade were called.