Continental Premium Contact tyres... are these any good?

Hi

I use Continental Premium Contact tyres on my standard 15" wheels (the tyre size I use is 205 width, 50 profile, and 86v speed rating). Not sure how good they are but they were on the car when I bought it and seem very good quality. How good are they compared to other makes? Are Continentals average/good/ or very good? I'm going to be needing two new tyres soon. How much do you think each tyre will be?

What tyres does everyone else use on their golf vr6 and how much are yours?

Cheers

Matt

I've got Toyo on the front' date=' they're crap.

[/quote']

? what toyos you running slim? i have had 3 sets of these now (2 sets of T1`R`s on my rallye) and 1 set of T1 S`s on the VR, i found them a really good wet and dry tyre, they grip really well and last ok too in my experience, had a set of avon zv1`s when i first got the rallye they were gash!

continental-pirelli-goodyear have crap tread wear they dont last long and there in the same price bracket as the like of dunlop-bridgestone. firesone are also i thnk a tad cheaper which also have a better tread wear but as you prob know michelin are the best all round but they are a bit more pricey as for price i dont pay for my tyres comes with the trade. !lol

its a trade off though aint it?! do you wanna roar off the lights in the wet and not spin, but buy a new set every six months or do you wanna spin all over the place in the dry but never buy another set of tyres again? i had some dunlops (£45 ea from kwik fit) on my old mk2 1.8 and they wore out after 10k but i never spun the wheels or locked up.

ye i know what you saying about he cheap crap there like wood no grip and never wear out sorry what i mean in the other reply was with the conti pirelli goodyear they wear quicker BUT you get a lot better grip I.E the softer compound but the vr will spin any tyres in the wet up to 3rd gear well mine does ive got dunlops 2000E on mine but as for 10k to a set of dunies? never seen that before an on an 8v i have found the vr seems to burn tyres out quite quick though but done 5k on mine so far an still got about 5mil on them.

eeeek, personally i wouldnt put a shitty Firestone tyre anywhere near any car! (except your nans micra) ;) they are shit! the compound is too hard and crap in wet or dry, i personnaly am not a great fan of dunlop or Michelen either really, comes down to past experience of these brands really, tyres should be considred THE most important thing you fit on your car! they keep you in contact with the road!!! if they are cheap or "compromise" due to cost? if they let you down the costs could be more than just the price of a tyre!!!! get the best ones you can afford imo

any of the top name brands are good, comes down to cost, weteher you like the look of the tread pattern, also if you can get a good deal, a lot of tyre places do specials on certain brands if you buy a few, just go to a tyre place and see what they offer, just avoid any of those nasty budget tyres as they really are bad!!

• 2 weeks later...