Can't get in my car

Hi, I recently had an accident in my VR6 GOLF on the way home form work. Two deers ran out from some trees in a country lane & I ended swerving to avoid them & went into a spin & smashed the front of my car in. Not very happy at all as the deers disappered in a flash as if they had never existed. Have also got a load a stick at work for nearly knocking down 2 old dears!!! Decided to buy my car back off the insurance company & it is now in my garage waiting for me to replace the bonnet/wing/bumper/headlight/radiator etc. I have had the car for 7 years & I just could let the car go for what I think is basically cosmetic damage. Unfortunately, I wanted to start work on the car the other day & the remote will now not open the car. I have changed the battery but to no avail. I have a scorpion alarm which was originally fited by the VW dealer back in 1993 when the car was made. (this is the black rectangular remote with the 2 rubber buttons. I need to somehow get the central locking to open as I cannot even open any of the doors with the keys!!!

Any help would be much appreciated.

James.

is the battery for the car charged up? or did you refer to remote battery? central locking wont work with flat main battery... even if not you should be able to operate the drivers door lock with the key..unless it been de-locked? only other option is to put a window in! and that will only get you in, not sort the problem...good luck

No need to put any windows in!

You can get in through the boot as it is not dependant valves and vacuums created by a pump, it still uses rods. So just use your key in the boot and then you can get into your car! :)

Then check everything, there might be more damage to the car than just cosmetic. !sad