Waxed car with Meguiar's... what a difference...

Hi

Has anyone else used meguiar's carnauba wax (part of meguiars 'deep crystal system')? Got it in halfords yesterday... wasn't any more expensive than the other makes. I was originally looking for Zymol in halfords... but there was very little available so thought I'd try meguiars instead. It's really made my car shine...far more than the old 'turtle wax' I used to use... which was good but this one really has made my car shine... even my gf noticed! Not sure how long it will last as only just tried it.

I also tried their polish too before hand (which I will only use about twice a year) and their "paint cleaner"... both also part of the 'deep crystal system', in an attempt to remove some light scratches but neither worked however they are less noticable now which is good. But the wax really has made the car look like new :D Should hopefully protect it a bit better against bird's crap!

i always use maguiars polish on mine' date=' really makes paint shine, as for birds crapping on your car, a good right hander should stop her doing that ;):P:P

[/quote']

I got a b'day card with that on it today :P Has got a pic of a man washing his Golf and says 'if a bird craps on your car...don't let her in it again'. Gonna go get me some Maguiars then, seeing as I spent a fortune on something else two weeks ago that doesn't do what it says on the tin... Could you find these things out and post them two weeks earlier from now on please Matt? ;)

lol... I hope meguiars does protect it well... as I already have some stain marks left over from some bird crapping on my car (I wish they would learn to love my car! ;) ).. my last wax didn't do a lot to protect or prevent it happening either.

In regards to new paint work.. well not sure about using harsh polish on it (although I have a couple of resprayed panels done last year due to stone chips and Meguiars which is quite 'natural' and not harsh hasn't affected those) and waxing new paint work can only be a good thing to protect it.. that's what the guy said who sprayed my panels.

Polish to your hearts content til you think there can't be anything left on the paintwork. Then, clay bar the roof and use the paint cleaner after that. Take the cleanest cloth you can find an wipe the roof down, lo and behold, masses of crap all over the clean cloth.......IT 'AINT CLEAN TIL IT'S CLAYED!

I tried Meguiar's Gold Class wax for the first time yesterday. I wasn't impressed, to be honest. Despite following the instructions to the letter, it left a lot of streaks and I had to polish it all off again. Maybe it reacted badly with the Autoglym Super Resin I used to polish the paintwork beforehand.

Used my usual brand of paint protector, Autoglym Super Gloss finish, and this worked just fine. All nice and shiny now!

I'm definitely gonna give clay a try at some point, though. I asked about it in a local refinishing shop and was told there are different grit levels available. Which one does everyone use? Presumably the finest grit, yes?

I tried Meguiar's Gold Class wax for the first time yesterday. I wasn't impressed' date=' to be honest. Despite following the instructions to the letter, it left a lot of streaks and I had to polish it all off again. Maybe it reacted badly with the Autoglym Super Resin I used to polish the paintwork beforehand.

Used my usual brand of paint protector, Autoglym Super Gloss finish, and this worked just fine. All nice and shiny now!

I'm definitely gonna give clay a try at some point, though. I asked about it in a local refinishing shop and was told there are different grit levels available. Which one does everyone use? Presumably the finest grit, yes?

[/quote']

thats the 1 i used and i seriously happy with it

which polish should i get?

It may well have reacted with the super resin stuff as I used that on my old car and the super resin liquid left white streaks all over my car :(

I polished my car with the Meguiars polish (also part of their 'deep crystal system' whatever that is). I haven't used the meguiars 'gold class wax' so can't comment. All i know is the stuff I used at the weekend (the meguiars deep crystal stuff) has done the trick and far shinier than my old turtle wax i used to use.

So what is a clay bar and where can I get one? Do meguiars do one? Halfords don't have much in way of meguiars but will have a look next time I'm in there. It doesn't scratch the surface at all does it? I assume the 'finest' grit has to be used? Will it get rid of scratches? I first tried the meguiars paint cleaner, then the meguiars polish...and neither removed light scratches.

meguirs do a claybar thats the 1 i have. iv no idea about grades. it wont scratch yer paint it just removes all the ground in crap u never knew was there makes a HELL of a diff it DOESNT remove scrathces it makes the paint feel literally mirror smooth well worth £12 imho

i use the meguiars deep crystal system (cleaner, polis and wax) they are very good, but took a couple of layers of the sex wax to get a really deep gloss shine... well worth the effort though!

i'll deffinately be trying the clay bar next though after seeing the results it gives at shows... far superior!