New or old r32 (Styling)

New R32 is nice in certain colours, but really think they bodged this one up really. MK4 deffinately more better looking. Top of the range motor should deffinately look better than the second from top in my opinion. MK5 GTi better looking than the R32 in this case. (Except the rear). ;)

I saw a new Mk5 R32 at Ultimate Dubs and I must admit it's starting to grow on me. The only bit I really don't like is the wheels - the Mk4 R32 ones are a lot nicer ;)

Overall, I still think the Mk4 R32 is nicer looking though. It looks much more aggressive.

as said above the new r32 is much better in some colours than others - silver is the best by miles . . . . .

but i much prefer the old r32 shape - much more aggressive

also as said above the gti front is sooooooo much better than the r32 front see pics -

1142437349_594_FT107871_mk5_gti_white_6_.jpg

1142437349_594_FT107871_new_r32_7_.jpg

Mk4 for me to.... :-)

I really don't like the Mk5 shape atall. I think it is all to round at the front. Kinda looks pointy as apposed to being wide and mean.

But then I never used to like the MK4 but now I do so I guess in 3 years time I will be liking it a bit more :-)

I agree with the above... the mark 5 GTI front is far more sporty than the r32 without being over the top. To me the mark5 r32 front grill is not much different to a regular mark5. I know it is designed to be subtle but I can't understand why they would make it more subtle than a gti which is less of a performance car (albeit slightly less).

Anyway thats my personal opinion... basically I prefer the mark4 as it is more agressive and looks the part. However the R32 mark 5 is still an impressive car (much more so under the bonnet than the mark 4) but not possibly how I'd have designed the looks. The R32 is supposed to be a hot hatch. I don't think the mark 5 has it for me. The mark 4 will be a classic I reckon... plus it was the first of the R32 breed. Although the mark3 vr6 was the first to get a V6 in such a small space... maybe ours will be a classic !amazed

If I had the money I'd go for a £9k twin turbo HGP conversion ...450-500bhp and four wheel drive on a mark4 R32... can't get much better than that!