my vr has developed an oil leak from the front of the engine, wondering if anyone can suggest what it might be, seems to be getting worse, not from as high as the head but as you look down from the top in front of the engine, o the right of the aircon pump, the thing there is covered in oil, and when you look below you can see oil almost dripping off of the same thing at the bottom , but oil is over a lot of the front of the engine, please ask me questions to narrow it down, thanks

personally i would say its more likely to be the oil pressure switches mate which are located in the top of oil filter housing and are common for breaking down and peeing oil out of top of them they are the bits with wires coming out of them try disconnecting them and checking the rubbers that surround the wire connectors if there is oil in them this is your problem.

Yes, the oilfilter...plastic bottom, alu. housing. At the top of the housing there are three oil pressure switch. They can spring leaks as they age. Only leak when the engine is running and make a nasty mess. You can usually check them with a mirror and flashlight, looking in from the top. If it's one of them, they are not very expensive, but can be a pill to change. They have a part# stamped on them. They used to be color coded but that changed in "94.(blue, brown then brown, brown, then brown black, who can keep up??)

pulled the two shrouds off the switches this morning, one was fine, but the left one was full of oil, i have ordered a black switch and brown switch, i will take the old two out, check the pressures written on them, and install the correct new ones, thanks for your help, the problem had me worried for a bit, i am glad there are some experianced people on here, i will let you know if it is sorted at the weekend, thanks again