I was just wondering if there was a TV ad for the VR6 when it first came out? If so does anyone know where to find this?

I can remember an advert from when I was a litt'lun with some old country woman on a farm and shes describing what she saw "i saw these bright lights... and like two letters....v...w..." and then a mk3 golf roars past... not sure if it was the vr6 (my mind from my childhhod is very distorted as you might have gathered! %-6 )

Im sure i remember one with a tiny golf driving up a house of cards. The ad was showing the toruqe of the car. I THINK it was a golf VR6 but it was so long ago. The advert had the car racing some sort of insect while oriental men bet on the outcome.

some one once told me it was something to do with a little beetle (stag maybe..?( any way something to do with comparing the sheer amount of power in comparison to other cars / beetles etc..

anyway cool story tell ya kids someday i know i will!!

any1 back me up?? i'd hate to have been told an old wives tale and be laughed at forever like the fool that i am...

i remember it being a old get i am there was lots of japs or chinese taking bets on two insects going to have a race in some old building one of the insect was a lot smaller and the other but won the race it was so fast and the chinese was going mad because they put there money on the big insect then you see a vr highline drive off and i think it says how small the badge on the back of the vr but like the insect so fast.

love to see this add again

tinny22

I remember the bug racing advert and the old person / alien encounter adverts, made me want a mk3 golf! would love to see them again!

Anyone else remember the advert with all the modded golfs crying because their owners had messed up what vw had created, that was good too!

Katie !lol

Anyone else remember the advert with all the modded golfs crying because their owners had messed up what vw had created' date=' that was good too!

Katie !lol

[/quote']

loved it, so true. It occaionally crops up in those funny ad compilation programs.

• 6 months later...

The one in the desert at the petrol station was for the diesel vw engines I think...

yeah it was... the whole point of the ad was they had a petrol station in the middle of nowhere but the golf didnt need to stop

I've got a few vw ads on my mac at home... some cool american ones for the mk4 gti