BMC CDA Quiet as a mouse with CAI

I had some spare time yesterday, even though it pissed it down i decided to fit the Cold air intake to the BMC, right bastard to fit IMO, but in the end put it through one of the bumper vents which i cut a big hole in for the end to come out, sawed the excess tubing off and voila CAI fitted. It defo makes a difference, the car seems alot more responsive and not as lumpy but it's sooo quiet now, can hear it sucking in air though if I open the window. !sad ahh well can't have everything ;)

which is why i did not fit the cold air feed to mine, just used the existing one fitted loosely to give that MEAN sound on acceleration. just make sure you dont drive through a big puddle and please do not leave the car switched on when you go for a car wash!!

I had some spare time yesterday' date=' even though it pissed it down i decided to fit the Cold air intake to the BMC, right bastard to fit IMO, but in the end put it through one of the bumper vents which i cut a big hole in for the end to come out, sawed the excess tubing off and voila CAI fitted. It defo makes a difference, the car seems alot more responsive and not as lumpy but it's sooo quiet now, can hear it sucking in air though if I open the window. !sad ahh well can't have everything ;)

[/quote']

Which is why I took mine off - everyone who fits one says the same!

I cant see the point in fitting one and taking the cold air feed off - defeating the object of having one in the 1st place!

This topic crops up time n time again - shame theres not a boring emoticon! !lol

Which is why I took mine off

I cant see the point in fitting one and taking the cold air feed off - defeating the object of having one in the 1st place!

You took it off because it was quiet?? Did you have any problems with it in, sucking up water etc?? sorry to bore you , this looks a bit like a yawn :o;)

ha ha no worries Jez! I liked the roar my old filter made and aslong as I wasnt sitting in traffic it didnt really feel any different to me so i took it off. Didnt notice any probs with it sucking up water but i did worry about that because having a hole in the front bumper sucking in air your bound to also be sucking in rain etc if your going along a motorway and what not, not sure if any would actually get to the TB or MAF though.

Have both the Carbon Filter (BMC) and Ram Air and honestly never felt any difference, just the Ram Air sounds 100 times better, Carbon one looks 100 times better. The Carbon Box still gets hot and heats the air anyway I've found, so rather have hot air and the noise!

Simon.

one of my mates sucked up water through his BMC was in a 106 gti though and well it fcuked the engine so he fully rebuilt it with a few add on's and it recently ran 190 on the rollers fcuking quick killed my car!!

Have both the Carbon Filter (BMC) and Ram Air and honestly never felt any difference' date=' just the Ram Air sounds 100 times better, Carbon one looks 100 times better. The Carbon Box still gets hot and heats the air anyway I've found, so rather have hot air and the noise!

Simon.

[/quote']

Ditto! :D