GTI Spring Festival

Hi

A few questions about the Santa Pod GTI Festival...

Is it this Sunday (2nd April) or in June/July? What time does it open and is it £15 per person? Are other cars allowed to take part in the quarter mile runs?

I went to a Jap Fest santa pod day which was brilliant fun last year. Although it was mainly Jap cars there it was very friendly and lots of other makes were allowed to go up the strip, such as Audi, BMW etc which I thought was good and added variety. They also had a jet car go up the quarter mile strip... bloody hell that thing is loud and fast!! Is the GTI Festival more strict and only allow VW cars or are other makes allowed too? Will the jet car be there too?

Is it only quarter mile runs or do they time your 0-60? And what other types of german cars have been there in past events? Any nice twin turbo R32's likely to be there going up the strip?

Cheers

Matt

That's what I thought... wasn't sure as I asked about this a while back and someone replied with a link for the GTI Festival in 19th June/July. Must have been the summer one.

So, anyone been to the GTI festival before? What other makes of cars go or is it strictly only VW? Does the Jet car do any runs? Prices? Opening times?

Thanks for any info.

The website states that its not just for gti's, but for all watercooled vw's. i think as long as you have the roundel up front....your in!!

£15 admission which i assume is per person, never known one to be per car.

Gates open at eight...

Havent got a clue about the jet car....hope this helps.

Is it compulsory to spin your wheels before going up the quarter mile strip (to warm the tyres up)? Will they let you go up without doing this? I know it is beneficial and will give the car better grip but I'm getting brand new tyres the day before so don't want to wear them out in one day!

Is it compulsory to spin your wheels before going up the quarter mile strip (to warm the tyres up)? Will they let you go up without doing this? I know it is beneficial and will give the car better grip but I'm getting brand new tyres the day before so don't want to wear them out in one day!

They will ask you not to do this.......road tyres damage the surface of the strip.

They will ask you not to do this.......road tyres damage the surface of the strip.

that makes sense but iv never seen em ask anybody

ps in my experiance it does absolutely feck all ;)

I am now the proud owner of one of those fantastic super resistor chips of POWER!!!! I have high hope for it's claimed bhp increase of 500+ horses. All for the bargain basement price of £1.99 (or because I have such a keen eye for a bargain, £20 for 10)

I'm having trouble installing it tho. Any ideas where it goes? I ask because this is a very new innovation, and the research lab that sent it to me have not translated the install instruction from their native tongue of mongolian to english!!

Please help as i want to get it all running before i trip to the pod.

Thanks in advance

I think the burn out is personal preference to be honest but as you wont be running slicks it wont make a difference on your time unless your tyres are wet or something before your run and you want to try and dry them out.

Aswad if i come on Sunday theres no way Im racing you & getting my arse whooped by a car with the RESISTOR OF POWER! haha

Well, at the summer festival htey announced it a couple of times over the tannoy, so either you weren't there, or you wern't paying attention!!

I am now the proud owner of one of those fantastic super resistor chips of POWER!!!! I have high hope for it's claimed bhp increase of 500+ horses.

Sounds like something from the local chippie! !lol What is it... similar to a superchip?

Is the entry fee £15 PLUS £20 (£35 total) to do unlimited runs, or £20 total for entry and runs? Is it possible to pay for just 2 or 3 runs? Anyone know if the jet car will be running?

Well' date=' at the summer festival htey announced it a couple of times over the tannoy, so either you weren't there, or you wern't paying attention!!

[/quote']

could be either :P