GTI Spring Festival

Is the entry fee £15 PLUS £20 (£35 total) to do unlimited runs' date=' or £20 total for entry and runs? Is it possible to pay for just 2 or 3 runs? Anyone know if the jet car will be running?

[/quote']

To use the strip, yes, it's 35 total. It's not possible to pay less for fewer. (Some meets only allow 3 runs for the signing on fee)

Can't say for sure about the jet car but it was at both GTi festivals last year. Probably come down to the weather.

TG

can i just say that it a load of rubbish about street tyres dammaging the strip i raced a vw bettle that ran 12.4 secs on them in vw pro and all custom cars run on then and pump gas and they get into the 8s .doing a burn out is helpful but when it really shows is when the track is race prepared they put a grip juce as its known on the track when u get hot sticky rubber on this u really notice it ,they dont grip juce the strip on run what ya brung as there would be lots of broken cars ie diffs and drive shafts .Track day slicks are a very differnt compound to drag racing slicks so to get the best time u would need to invest in them they are sposed to run at very low pressures so a front wheel drive car would not drive very nice on them p.s take a pump with u and experiment with tyre pressures as this will help run them lower used to run the bug at about 10 psi but best to slowly deflate and try .

Well, got my car back yesterday :-)

It is mostly done ! :-) Still a few bits that need doing but at lease they let me have it back for the show !

Just gonna pop down to Tesco now to get some 99Ron juice and jet wash all the rub down water from the nooks and crannies as it is hard to see them when it is dark ! Car was not finished until 7.40 last night !

See you guys there :-)

Right... last question.. are there any directions available from the A509 to Santa Pod? I'm coming from the south via the M1 (coming off at J14 onto the A509). Do I go through the village of Bozeat?

Just heard the weather is going to be rainy most of the day !sad Do they stop quarter mile runs if it's mildly moist?