Side repeater wiring info please-Repeater REMOVAL.

Ok here is the deal......

Some time in May my car is going into the bodyshop to get the rest of the car resprayed and finished off. While it is in there I am going to have the side repeaters removed and smoothed over.

What do I do with the side repeater wiring to stop my front/rear indicators blinking at double speed becuase of the lack of a side bulb?

Do I just get the wires joined to create a closed circuit?

Any help much appreciated :-)

Mark.

I’d leave them under the scuttle panel as your gon’a need them for the mot ;)

Need them for the MOT?

Leave them under the scuttle panel?

What do I do with them come MOT time? The holes will be filled/smoothed......

I did not think side repeaters were required come MOT time? :((

I see lots of other cars without them what do you guys do come MOT time?

Ok I understand what you are saying but where do you put the repeaters once the holes are smoothed over?

Just hang the wire through the side of the bonnet and tape them to the side of the car?

Sorry if I am being stupid........ :-)

Ok I understand what you are saying but where do you put the repeaters once the holes are smoothed over?

Just hang the wire through the side of the bonnet and tape them to the side of the car?

Sorry if I am being stupid........ :-)

no your not being stupid...thats exactly what you do :)

Well I just spoke to my garage who have always done my car and they say that it is illegal. :-(

They say that the side repeaters must be visable 1 meter out from the rear of the car. And that just taping them to the side of the car come MOT time is not good because they must be Fixed securely to the car and not just taped.......

Damn.....

Not sure what to do now. Tuesday the car goes in !

Mark.

Well I only had my MOT a month or so ago so I got a year nearly to find a station to pass it. :-)

Would you tell them about it and ask them if they would pass it? Or just see if they miss it?

I don't wanna fork out £40 each time only to have to take it somewhere else. :-)

Mark.

Mine passed without any at all ;)

Simon.

Haha Lucky for some :-)

All this taking stuff off is a pain in the ass but hell.......

I'm gonna do it anyway :-)

Coming back from the pod in the rain from Spring festival there were loads of Mk 1's in the laybye.........

No wipers on them hehehehe !amazed