Plastic arches, yes or no???

hi there, im fairly new to this site as ive only had my vr6 a few months, i have a 96 vr6 and ive recently bought some plastic arch trims for it, but now im really in 2 minds as to whether to put them on or not, i think the earlier models look good with them on but i also think my car looks good as it is, just wondering what you guys reckon??

I think I'm flying in the face of public opinion by saying I actually like plastic arches. Obviously I must be a bit %-6 ;)

Weirdly I actually have a late highline without them. :P

I've considered some for my car, but I think I'd have to smooth and paint them for personal preference. I might even be interested in yours if you want to PM me. Money is a bit tight at the moment though due to an impending on/off/on/off house move that's draining cash faster than a VR on full chat can drink petrol. !amazed

thanks for all your comments' date=' anyone wanna buy some plastic arches?? lol

[/quote']

*Hide's in shame* :(

Maybe, if they're cheap.

Are they ABS or fibreglass? Originals or copies?

I'd want to smooth and paint them first before fitting and I'm short of time for that sort of thing for a while.

thanks for all your comments' date=' anyone wanna buy some plastic arches?? lol

[/quote']

*Hide's in shame* :(

Maybe, if they're cheap.

Are they ABS or fibreglass? Originals or copies?

I'd want to smooth and paint them first before fitting and I'm short of time for that sort of thing for a while.

they are original plastic arches, they are looking a bit tired but no scratches, i was gonna colour code them before i put them on anyway, hmm... i dunno... i might keep them just in case!

they tend to look pants colour coded and the paint doesn't last on them' date=' if you haven't got them don't bother , whack them on fleabay for some other sucker ;)

[/quote']

If the paint doesn't last they haven't been prepared properly. You can't just paint them with normal paint, it won't stick. You need a plastic primer and a plasticiser added to the paint to make it flexible.

I'd agree that just painted standard ones don't look good at all. !amazed

I have seen a couple of cars near me both with smoothed and painted arches and it's (IMHO) a good look. Again, I think I'm probably alone on that one. ;)