Plastic arches, yes or no???

Putting the plastic arches on a later model VR wouldn't look right because you don't have the matching texture-top bumpers. If you smoothed & colour coded them they would look fine, but this is a difficult and time-consuming job. Smoothing the swage lines in the bumpers is actually an easier job and a much more effective mod IMO.

I don't know about you guys up in the UK, but down here in Richards Bay, South Africa, you got any chance of water retention after rain, it WILL start rusting within a fortnight. Looks a lot cleaner without all the plastic gadgets... Here the new craze is stock, with upmarkat lights, indicators, and dropped with a noo set of shoes, bigger = better. One genius slapped 19" alloys on a,d gave it a 40mm drop. Looks the NADS !!! ;) Less is more!

Look good with or without, depends if you like mk2 or mk4 i guess that would colour your decision. I like mk2, hence i like them. However I gotta agree that they are a hiding place for crud and they are a pain to keep black! Abottle of back to black every time all the black bits need a buff!!!