Anyone timed their 0-100mph times or 0-60 (on lightly modded golf VR's with around the 200bhp mark)?

Are you referring to the guy in the F40.. I remember that a while back on police camera action - doing 200mph! Wish they would bring back police camera action... brilliant program... my gf hates it though.

police camera action is on ITV4 now ;)

Never really officially recorded any times in my VR with a schrick and 268s but it kept with a BMW 330Ci all the way from 0 to 155 :-) Well, the Rado pulled ahead at the start and Bimmer eventually caught up and levelled out.

The 330ci does 60 in the low 6s if I remember rightly, so that should give you some idea.

Also raced a Honda S2000 with the supercharger kit and beat that to 60 aswell, and they're in the mid 5s to 60.

I spoke to John Malik at Stealth who has a 360hp 1.8t Corrado about 0-60s etc as he's done a few runs at the pod and he reckons on mid 5s being about right for a stage 2 VR6 as his pulled 4 dead at the pod!

Doesn't feel mid 5s to me as the torque curve is so flat, but can't argue with it when beating an S2000...and he defo gave it as much gas as I gave mine ;-)

Sorry that doesn't quite fit in with "mild mods" but should give an idea at least.

Standard VR6s are around 7 (6.8 for the Rado - VW manual), so adding more power will shave that down quite nicely.

Sorry

Are you referring to the guy in the F40.. I remember that a while back on police camera action - doing 200mph! Wish they would bring back police camera action... brilliant program... my gf hates it though.

police camera action is on ITV4 now ;)

Thanks guys for your help. Riggsvr6 forgot to ask you how much power does your golf have approx? Is it possible to have a link to your 0-60 and 0-100mph video footage please (you can PM or email me)?

Kev how much power did your corrado have with just the shrick and cams (i.e before the charger)?

Standard vr6's have a factory quoted figure of 174bhp. But later OBD2 golfs had around the 185bhp. Mine is around the 200mark maybe a tiny bit more. It had 192bhp and 193 lbs/torque before my 268 cams so I have possibly gained a further 5-10bhp on top of this (will know for sure in three weeks when I get it rolling roaded/remapped at Stealth). I have seen varying 0-60 factory figures quoted for a standard golf vr, ranging from 7.1 to 7.4. So I would say mine must be around 7 dead if not high 6's as my torque is pretty high for a vr.

What is the factory quoted figure (if any exists) for 0-100mph times for the golf vr? They seem to have them for Civic Type R's around but these seem to vary widely from 15 secs to 18! Out of curiosity anyone know what a realistic figure is for the type R? Anyone with around 200bhp know how a lightly modded VR would compare to the Type R of the line?

I think they delete old posts now and i can't find it.. but i think:

60ft E/T x 36000

60ft mph? x itself

then divide the 2 results. thry swapping the 60ft times around if its a crazy answer.. theres only 2 on the slip relating to 60ft.. let me know what yours is!

my timeslips only give time at 60 ft not mph 1/8 mile gives time and mph though

my best 60ft time is 2.187 but i missed 3rd gear on that 1 ended up with 15.002 haha

my best 1/4 mile shows 2.265 60ft 9.519 1/8 mile @ 74.24 mph

that was the rare day when there was some grip at the pod i did 6 runs that day with a knackered clutch got 3 14.9s and the 14.7 with 153 whp (198 corrected)

Around 15 secs at around 95mph seems to be the norm for a standard car. The usual mods seem to get it down to low-mid 14's (chip/filter/exhaust) and with some nitrous high 13's!

There are a couple of turbo/SC versions on here that are hitting low 13's!

Dont know as of yet anyone that has broken into 12's but there probably is somewhere!

that was lifted from a ctr owners site

Cheers mate. Aint no fed mate lol. Also interested in 0-60 times but though 0-100mph was far more realistic. If you can PM me the links please' date=' or my email is matt76_2@yahoo.com

[/quote']

Pm'D

;) soz for the delay

Yeah I have used that site before. According to my car's weight (1180kgs) and approx power of around 205bhp (tbc at stealth in couple weeks) my car gets a 0-60 figure of 6.25 secs and 0-100 of just over 15.5. According to the same site this equals an astra vxr and beats a focus ST (both of which are also fwd). Does this seem realistic??