Anyone timed their 0-100mph times or 0-60 (on lightly modded golf VR's with around the 200bhp mark)?

my best 60ft time is 2.187 eddy

math i have a mk3 highline with 268 cams 6 branch exhaust mani straight through exhuast (no cat no silencers) induction kit i got 178 bhp and 175 lb ft both at the wheels not sure what flywheel figure is could be anywhere between 210 and 230 bhp lol (depending on tranny loss %)

if it helps mines got a chip and filter and its managed a 0 - 60 in 6.52 not had the 0 - 100 timed yet

Thanks guys. Russ do you know what torque power you have? Do you have a mark 3 vr6? 6.52 is very good.

Eat this.. 170-180 torque or bhp at the wheels is very good. Must be well over 200bhp. Where did you have it dynoed? Stealth are very accurate with transmission losses - they seem to use very similar formulae to VW. Have you had your car remapped? I have very similar mods to you... with the exception I have a high flow cat instead of decat. Getting my car remapped in couple of weeks. My car was making 192bhp and 193lb/ft at the fly before the eurospec 268 cams were fitted. Not sure what my car will make now but it seems far stronger now. Do you think the remap will get even more power?

a remap will give extra power purely because the furling will be correct mine gained 0.8 sec 60-100mph just with the remap (for the cams and everything) if i put my stealth rr day tranny loss on my wheel figure i get 229 bhp and 225 lb ft which is a bit optamistic imo (i wish it was hehe)

where can i get 0-60 measured in uk??

if it helps mines got a chip and filter and its managed a 0 - 60 in 6.52 not had the 0 - 100 timed yet

Thanks guys. Russ do you know what torque power you have? Do you have a mark 3 vr6? 6.52 is very good.

yea not too shabby is she lol,mine is running 197bhp at the fly (160 somthin at the wheels i cant remember exactly)

torque is 193lbs ft at 4200 mate

and yea mines a 1993 vr6

it does have avo coilovers tho which help massivly with the launch

math i have a mk3 highline with 268 cams 6 branch exhaust mani straight through exhuast (no cat no silencers) induction kit i got 178 bhp and 175 lb ft both at the wheels not sure what flywheel figure is could be anywhere between 210 and 230 bhp lol (depending on tranny loss %)

Hi mate.. That is very good power at the wheels for the mods you have...many vr's only make that at the fly. Who did your rolling road session?

I would estimate with transmission losses taken into account it would be around the 220 mark at the fly. vr6pete on here has 221bhp at the fly so will be able to confirm what his power is at the wheels (before transmission losses)..

Hi mate.. That is very good power at the wheels for the mods you have...many vr's only make that at the fly. Who did your rolling road session?

I would estimate with transmission losses taken into account it would be around the 220 mark at the fly. vr6pete on here has 221bhp at the fly so will be able to confirm what his power is at the wheels (before transmission losses)..

mines deffo a good un pete wont tell me his wheel figures no matter how much i ask him lol

i got 14.7 1/4 with 152 whp cant wait to get down the pod to improve that

Yeah you should improve on it some what! What exhaust do you have Eat This?

What mods did you have when you were running 152whp... or rather what mods did you get to make it get to 178? How are your emissions with no silencers... is it just a case of refitting the cat come MOT time or do you have to fit one of the silencers too? Does your car pull well at low revs? I have a Milltek cat back exhaust. Do you or anyone know if it is fairly straight forward to remove one of or all of the silencers? Would my car pass an MOT with no silencers? I have a high flow cat by the way.

My car was running around 150ish whp on the last rolling road session. Since then I have had some Eurospec 268 cams fitted. Getting a remap tweak too. Hopefully will add 5-10bhp but not sure. Car certainly feels stronger but hard to tell by how much.

Yeah I have used that site before. According to my car's weight (1180kgs) and approx power of around 205bhp (tbc at stealth in couple weeks) my car gets a 0-60 figure of 6.25 secs and 0-100 of just over 15.5. According to the same site this equals an astra vxr and beats a focus ST (both of which are also fwd). Does this seem realistic??

Your car might be heavier than that if you put it on a weighbridge.

The VW manual states that my Corrado VR6 is 1210Kg, but on a weighbridge it's actually 1320Kg! If any of you read Evo, you'll find a lot of manufacturers are under estimating the unladen weights or their vehicles.

Oh and I never got it dynoed with the 268s, Schrick and TB. Somewhere around 220hp I think as that's what Stealth usually see from most 2.9s with those mods.