Electric windows help needed please.

Hi, my rear drivers side electric window has gone and stopped working. It stuck open on my wife today :@

I have pulled the trim off and found the window doesn't seem to be attatched to the bit that obviously pulls it up and down in the 'slider' .

Is this common? can anyone advise the best way to fix this? Or at least take the window opening mechanism out without leaving me with an open window?

Many thanks, stu. :)

I have problems with my windows too, but i think that its just the motors in them (the back ones both dont work). Any idea where the fuse for the windows are, ive had a look in the fuse box but cant see one for the windows??

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i just had something strange happen with my electric windows. the rear passenger side one goes down, but doesn't go back up. i pulled the trim out and checked, and when i push the "close" button, the cabling actually moves, but it doesn't pull the window up.

the strange thing is that i can pull the window down and up by grabbing it, but if i wind the window down, then i can't pull it up above as far as it's wound down.

any ideas? i'm stuck (after poking around for about half an hour)