The Log has arrived!

Yeah that's the plan, get the throttle away from the exhaust manifold and it makes intercooler pipework so much easier to route!

Will it alter the torque curve? It definitely would on a Normally aspirated engine but I don't think the bottom end would suffer as much as you think, but as it's primarily for forced induction, it's fine. It's exactly how the 1.8T engine is configured and they're not lacking in torque ;-)

I'll be using a Corrado G60 intercooler and water injection + 12psi pulley (hoping to get 10 to the throttle), so basically it's a home brew Stage 3 for the Corrado :-)

Cheers guys, here's a couple more if it built up and ready to roll. The injectors will be swapped out for the red tops on fitment day though.

It arrived in plain alloy, but I painted it myself and detailed the "SP" logo, what do you think?

log1.JPG

log2.JPG

It's going to be a chore fitting it. Alternator and alternator bracket, PAS pump and bracket etc all have to come off just to get at one sodding bolt! And then the radiator needs modifying as the throttle will hit the fan shroud, I might even need to fit a slimline Kenlowe. I'll let you know how it goes.

details of schimmels products here - www.spturbo.com

It's not cheap I'm afraid chaps....cost me just over £800 to get it here, £150 of which was duty and VAT, even using a harmonised general carparts duty code, feckin government ^o) Great service tho, ordered it on Friday at it arrived on Tuesday.

aaronVR6 - Yes mate, I'm running the stage 2 Vortech. Currently 8psi but when my intercooler is sorted, I'll step up to 12psi.

Short runner is definitely the way to go for forced induction :)

No one has tested an SRI on a N/A VR6 yet, but a similar manifold on a South African spec 2.0 8V crossflow (beetle) engine made 20hp and lost only 1lb/ft low down, so it's encouraging.

Thanks again guys. Some good responses, I was expecting people to say "What the heck is that?" LOL!

I'm only aware of one other Schimmel log user in the UK and it's in a 3.1 charged Rado running 10psi. It's currently making 338hp with 311lb/ft. It's his long throw crank that makes so much torque, but top end is limited as a result, hence the relatively low hp....it just can't rev like a normal VR :-)

His Schimmel log was lower than body temperature after 13 runs on the dyno, so it works :-)

• 1 month later...