Hi all

I want to service my Mk4 4motion but can't even find the spark plugs! Does anyone have any servicing literature, please? I have a Peter Rusek but it's too old now. There doesn't appear to be a Haynes for this.

Help, PLEASE!!!

Thanks

Stephen

i don't think there is a haynes for your car ..

hopefully your engine should look like the pic below: -

Golf4V6motor00.jpg

if you remove the top cover it should be kinda like this underneath...

1149253511_594_FT121193_untitled_.jpg

the spark plugs are under the connectors on the top - un plug them and you have a combined coil and plug lead in one unit - i think you need a "special tool" to remove them though ????

as for the rest servicing should be the same as any other car, oil filter, air filter, etc...

hope this is useful...

sorry to wander off, but I think they are slow. Not in the real sense of slow, but relatively. 24v over 12v, in my opinion it should be 230bhp not a miserable 206bhp, I also think that the 4WD was a mistake, FWD would have sufficed.The VR6 works fine on 2WD so for the extra few grunts 4WD is unecessary. I have been looking at them to replace my aged VR6, but the cost does not match the gains. Gonna keep saving, for the R32

sorry to wander off' date=' but I think they are slow. Not in the real sense of slow, but relatively. 24v over 12v, in my opinion it should be 230bhp not a miserable 206bhp, I also think that the 4WD was a mistake, FWD would have sufficed.The VR6 works fine on 2WD so for the extra few grunts 4WD is unecessary. I have been looking at them to replace my aged VR6, but the cost does not match the gains. Gonna keep saving, for the R32

[/quote']

would have to agree on that plus the 4wd zaps at least 30hp :-(

I love it.....Richie you work at VW and you say "i think you need a special tool"

Quality :)

it says that in the workshop manual, but as always a pinch of salt is reqd ... :);)

you can probably get the out without it ...