just a question of power

since ive had my vr6 it just doesent give me the buzz it used to in standard form it keeps up with honda civic type r,s the new ones had a go with fto today seemed to keep up with that too so is that a healthy engine or should i be a bit quicker?

r u saying the vr would be quicker overall then i took mine right up to 140 a while back and it was an even match with the type r i will say my chains are really noisy and its done 120000 but even so a 2.0 against a 2.8 it should have the edge at least

ah short for doh

mine is deof stock and kept with it in fact ive had a go with 2 now 1st time i was behind 2 in front i would exact match none of us had the edge i think at 140 we were both flooring it no half mesures anyway that clears that up then.

i admire the ctr for the power they produce but think they are ugly cars bit like a strech a class merc.

maby they wernt driving properly then im not sure apart from filter mine is stock but a filter just makes noise anyway i never really noticed any improvements whilst it was fitted back to standard filter now.

i only wish i had enough for a charger maby a couplr of years.

CTR is lighter than a VR6 (ignore the factory weight' date=' they are over 1300kg), has MUCH shorter gears plus and extra one and has more power. Lower torque, yes, but 8000rpm with 200hp is enough to see off a standard VR easily.

[/quote']

i weighed my highline on a weighbridge ( half a tank loads of ice and crap in boot) it weighs 1250 kg the civics geariong is frankly stupid 6th on a ctr is almost identical to 4th on a vr!!! its the revs and the gear ratios that make it quick

factory weight figure for a ctr is 1205kg 1150kg fopr a vr and 1210kg for corrado vr