not over keen on 1.8T

Yea 1800ts are a pile of glorified shite mate! In my opinion anyway...

Dont really know much about V5's, I think they are like 2bhp less than a VR6 (on paper) but probably wiegh a fair bit more.

If you think, a 4motion is near enough 200bhp in the same shell, but still does not match a VR6... what will the V5 be like :(

I had a T as company car and I will run forever away from them. Weighs the same as Fat Bastrd in autin powers too! V5 had a bit more everyday grunt for drivability. tho' when I test drove one.

I had a m8 who worked for VW (briefly) and he commented high miles tend to wear 'cos of weight imbalance on cranks. I can not support the statement in any way but thought I would add the comment to the pot.

Yea they can be tuned up pretty easily I admit that. My mate has the 1800t anniversary thats chipped and its quick, but I still think its got no charachter, a wheezy engine noise and frumpy uninvoliving handling. Still prefer my VR.. and its 10grand cheaper! :)

many thanks for that, no the reason i was asking about v5 motors is because we may be replacing my wifes car, ive got an L reg obd1 vr6 2.9 but its getting on in age now, its early days but i thought id ask in readiness for the future. i absolutely love my vr, just wish it was newer sometimes, mind you weve had it seven years! i want to keep my vr but can i justify spending loads of till on it if there is a newer alternative?.read tim stile’s book many times over, not sure if he is so keen on vrs, there was a huge wave of approval over 1.8Ts (tuneable) in recent years and you just start to doubt/ask questions of your own car.one thing is for sure, i will never pilot a diesel, they and their owners piss me right off! regardless of make or model, a diesel will be annoying you no matter what.To think people called (still do) gti owners etc for their conduct on the road! cheers roper

• 4 weeks later...